Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

When is the update for the HC3 expected?

pvo

Question

I was told there was an update scheduled for the HC3 on 20-02-2020 I didn’t see anything. When is the update for the HC3 expected?

• Like 1

They should release the firmware as it is today so we could at least use basic functions like os.time. Heard it is much better anyway than the one that came installed on date of sale. It is still much, much work to be done.

• Like 1

Yes, the new version aka 5.0.21 exists, the beta testers already have it. Patience, my friends... There will be an update for HC2 as well, 4.581 but I cannot say when.

41 minut temu, boomx napisał:

Soon... the version is not finished yet... you have to wait ;)

Hahah, I wonder if it will be as finished as the whole HC3

2 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Yes, the new version aka 5.0.21 exists, the beta testers already have it. Patience, my friends... There will be an update for HC2 as well, 4.581 but I cannot say when.

5.0.21.19 :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boomx said:

5.0.21.19 :D

Yeah, did not post last digits because mine is still at 5.0.21.11. I guess we'll have to get used to those extra digits :D

BTW I expect Fibaro to post a "full revision log" with fixes and improvements so you no longer have to speculate about that.

i think i posted it already in polish subforum, so once again here. Fibaro siad 20.02, and we still have 3:15 left till 20.02 ends :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, tinman said:

i think i posted it already in polish subforum, so once again here. Fibaro siad 20.02, and we still have 3:15 left till 20.02 ends :)

Well, it depends on what year also they mean ;) Wish they could release this beta now. I do think HC3 will be great, but the release firmware was not, and the beta is so much better, so I wished they would not hold it back for so long. All in all, there will be enough frequent updates to fix all things, so they could release a new firmware next week, and the next, and the next... - but not hold this crucial one back from the public. Betas are released frequently on the HC2 without major issues, and this beta fixes so many basic things that are not working.

Edited by robw
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

Is it confirmed if os.time will be available in the new release coming soon?

Here you go:

Please login or register to see this code.

• Thanks 3

Hi @petergebruers I know it's not par of the changelog, but do you know if getGlobalModificationTime is  back ? :

I manage it by getting the timestamp from a json query but it much faster having such command that was existing before ...

Thank you !

31 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

if getGlobalModificationTime is  back ?

Not back... I wasn't aware that it was missing ;) - I've reported it 5 minutes ago. As you say, the API exposes it so not sure why they don't exist as a function.

34 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

Hi @petergebruers I know it's not par of the changelog, but do you know if getGlobalModificationTime is  back ? :

I manage it by getting the timestamp from a json query but it much faster having such command that was existing before ...

Thank you !

this one?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_02/image.png.f73dd35ddbd65d84dd0232651d198dac.png" />

Edited by tinman

@tinman question was about modification time of a global variable (variables panel), not device, afaik fibaro.get does not work with global variables, did I miss something?

2 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

@tinman question was about modification time of a global variable (variables panel), not device, afaik fibaro.get does not work with global variables, did I miss something?

No you're right, fibaro.get() is for devices and except if i'm wrong doesn't accpt globals.

Thank you for your feedback guys !

5 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

No you're right, fibaro.get() is for devices and except if i'm wrong doesn't accpt globals.

Thank you for your feedback guys !

I'm not home at the moment so I can't try but do this work?

28 minutes ago, jgab said:

I'm not home at the moment so I can't try but do this work?

Hi @jgab thank you for your feedback ! this is exactly what i did to workaround the missing "getGlobalModificationTime" function, but the question is more why did it has been removed. Is this done on purpose or just forget ?

And i jump into the disctution about the os.time/date revivale to ask about that one :)

I got a message from support today. Release is postponed to "in a nearly future, maybe in a start of march."

• Thanks 2