Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 with momentary push switch

Stealth

Question

Hi is it possible to use the Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 with a single momentary push switch (push to make) with a Somfy Sonesse 40WT (230V) Roller Blind Motor?

I would like to push the momentary switch once to close it,

If the motor is turning I push the switch again I hope it stops the motor,

Push the switch again to open the bind.

I have this working like this with an old roller shutter module on a projector screen, hence i would like to do the same with the roller shutter 3 and the Somy blinds?

Thanks

Steve

18 answers to this question

Hi Steve,

I have a Somfy Sonesse WT40 and with a Roller Shutter 2 module but with 2 Clipsal Saturn Momentary Bell Press Mech (one to go up and the other to go down).

Scott

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Scott, my problem is I only have two wires to the switch, so i'm hoping  I can use just one push switch.

@Stealth How did you end up going with this?

I am trying to do the same I want to have only one switch on the wall plate as it will be easier for the kids to use. 

I have read in the instructions that you can have a single momentary switch when you are using a gate motor but it doesn't mention anything about a blind motor. I don't see the difference to be honest. 

I'm using the Automate M6 Motor it is a manual motor with internal limit switches so I'm assuming mine might work.

Although Id rather try and find out before I buy the gear and get into the install.

• Inquirer
  • Yes I can confirm it works fine with the Roller Shutter 3 and a single momentary switch.  A Roller Shutter 2 should also be fine.

Steve

@Stealth Thanks I have set my roller blinds up however I am having some issues with them.

Sometimes when the switch is pressed first thing in the morning it does nothing on the first press.

For some reason it needs to be double clicked. 

Have you noticed this?

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, puma said:

@Stealth Thanks I have set my roller blinds up however I am having some issues with them.

Sometimes when the switch is pressed first thing in the morning it does nothing on the first press.

For some reason it needs to be double clicked. 

Have you noticed this?

No I haven't fitted mine yet only tested them.  Are you sure its not the switch with a poor contact?

3 minutes ago, Stealth said:

No I haven't fitted mine yet only tested them.  Are you sure its not the switch with a poor contact?

That could be a possibility. I am just getting feedback from my wife that uses them. 

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, puma said:

That could be a possibility. I am just getting feedback from my wife that uses them. 

First try changing the switch else change the wife!

3 minutes ago, Stealth said:

First try changing the switch else change the wife!

?

Just figured out whats happening.

If I put the blinds up with the switch and then down with the app the next time I use the switch it won't work unless I double press.

The shutter relay is just remembering the last direction it sent the blind in using the switch.

Is there some way of fixing that or will it just have to be double clicked if thats the case?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, puma said:

?

Just figured out whats happening.

If I put the blinds up with the switch and then down with the app the next time I use the switch it won't work unless I double press.

The shutter relay is just remembering the last direction it sent the blind in using the switch.

Is there some way of fixing that or will it just have to be double clicked if thats the case?

I'm not sure until until i fit my blinds in a couple of weeks.  Have you set it to calibrate in the options?.

Else you could call Fibaro support if you cant get the answer.

Regards

Steve

On 6/14/2020 at 11:48 PM, Stealth said:

I'm not sure until until i fit my blinds in a couple of weeks.  Have you set it to calibrate in the options?.

Else you could call Fibaro support if you cant get the answer.

Regards

Steve

Steve you are going to end up in the same situation as me. FIbaro aren't able to help this is their response.

In most cases, if you have only one switch connected to S1 we suggest to control the blinds thanks to scenes. Choose an action for multiple clicks by a magic scenes or if you do not want to use 1x & 2x & 3x click on the wall switch you can create a two simple scenes:
    Scene #1: If S1 pressed and blinds are closed -> open it;
    Scene #2: If S1 pressed and blinds are opened -> close it.
    In most cases it will work. Also you can create one more scene, what system should do when you click S1 during the blinds are moving:
    Scene #3: If S1 pressed and blinds less than 90 and more than 10 (they are moving) -> stop and choose the action, close it or open it.  

• Inquirer
  • 15 minutes ago, puma said:

Steve you are going to end up in the same situation as me. FIbaro aren't able to help this is their response.

Thanks for letting me know.  I don't think its a major issue to do the double click. However I can see how the switch activating the scenes is a work-around though.

The hardwired switch will then just activate the necessary scene based on the blinds current state.

I will know better how it works in practise when I fit my blinds (that are currently be manufactured) in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by Stealth

On 6/17/2020 at 10:01 PM, Stealth said:

Thanks for letting me know.  I don't think its a major issue to do the double click. However I can see how the switch activating the scenes is a work-around though.

The hardwired switch will then just activate the necessary scene based on the blinds current state.

I will know better how it works in practise when I fit my blinds (that are currently be manufactured) in a couple of weeks time.

No worries.

It isn't so much of an issue I guess i sort of understand the scenes but not 100% sure how to make them I did a bit of playing around but couldn't get it to work.

Let me know how you go once you are all setup.

• Inquirer
  • Watch this video, although its not for the Roller Shutter module the principle should be the same.

Regards

Steve

@Stealth

Hi Steve

I tried to have a play around with the scenes however I can't get them to work.

So I have a single momentary switch connected to S1 of the roller shutter 3 as per the manual I need to set parameter 40 on so that it will work with scenes.

I then have gone to create a scene that if I click the switch once it opens the blind and then double click it closes it but it for some reason won't work.

I don't understand am I missing something?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_07/305714058_ScreenShot2020-07-19at9_29_47am.png.ef9f90cf744e24cbe9cdd37492780747.png" />

Cheers

Scott

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, puma said:

@Stealth

Hi Steve

I tried to have a play around with the scenes however I can't get them to work.

So I have a single momentary switch connected to S1 of the roller shutter 3 as per the manual I need to set parameter 40 on so that it will work with scenes.

I then have gone to create a scene that if I click the switch once it opens the blind and then double click it closes it but it for some reason won't work.

I don't understand am I missing something?

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott, 

Sounds like you need to reference the scene codes. I just noticed I previously posted a link to the wrong video, look at this one around 25 minutes in -

All credit to Yorkshire Automation.... (No association apart from being a customer) 

I have also just fitted my blinds . I'm not sure yet if I will use scenes to control them as I need to live with then for a day or so to see how they preform.

Let me know how you get on, I think this will sort you out.

Regards

Steve

Edited by Stealth

@Stealth

Thanks Steve I did have a look at this video however for some reason the scene activation that they speak about doesn't seem to apply to the roller shutter 3. 

It is a good video and I have taken a lot from it but can't seem to find the scene activation that he speaks of. I guess the parameters are set up differently for the dimmer.

How did you get on did you find the same scenario that I did with having to press the switch a couple of times?

• Inquirer
  • Did you look at the dimmer 3 manual?  A quick google pulled up this page -

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_08/image.png.f5c0403b34c9929cc2e838bfadc84eb2.png" />

I'm on holiday at the moment so that's the best I can do.  If you are still stuck I would call or email Fibaro technical they will help you out.

Regarding my blinds.  I haven't made a firm decision on switch control, apart from saying I hardly use the hard wired switches.  I find it easier to use Alexa and just sat the words "Alexa open Window Blinds" etc.

Regards

Steve

Edited by Stealth