Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Internet connection lost

MagnusRyhjell

Question

Hi!

I recently lost the internet connection to my HC2 after adding a new Ubiquitit Unifi AP access point in the house. During the installation, Fibaro suddendly lost its connection and I am unable to retrieve it.

I have tried to reboot, but I am unable to connect to my HC2 while it is in reboot mode (3 first lamps and the + lamp is showing). I have tried via the IP address I can find on my router and the one that several forums tells me that Fibaro will use during a reboot.

What should I do? My house was re-decorated with Fibaro before we moved in, so several lights around the house does not even have their own physical switch..

Heeeeelp

//Magnus

3 answers to this question

Did you try to use Fibaro_finder?

Please login or register to see this link.

What the status of LAN and Internet LEDs on HC2 front panel? Are they ON?

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • Hi!

The strange thing is that the Fibaro finder i unable to locate my HC2 ? I can find the HC2 on my router, but it is listed as offline with a strange IP (10.0.....)

On the front panel, only the power lamp and the LAN light is on.

Seriously don´t know what to do with this ?

Can you connect your PC/Mac to the network switch and install an program like IP scanner. 

I had the same after installing the UniFi AP,  for some strange reason the HC ip was set back to default even when it was set on DHCP and setup a fixed IP address based on MAC address.

After using IP scanner on my Mac I retrieved the correct IP address of the HC2 and was able to get it back online.