Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Philips Hue in App

karo2000

Question

Hi there
I learned the Philips Hue in the HC3. I can switch everything in the web interface but the lamps do not appear in the iOS app.
Then I created a QuickApp, this goes in the web interface and also appears in the iOS app, but cannot be switched.
What am I doing wrong?
greetings
Olaf

• Like 2

15 answers to this question

Nothing... it doesn't work at the moment. :( In the next version of the home center app 1.7 it also not work...

I've taken it up with support and in the app beta test.

Hi,

sadly this wont work ye

For a workaround I've created a binary switch (QuickApp) and set a variable with this one. A scene then uses this variable as trigger to switch on/off the Hue. For my purpose on/off is enough and the variable is used for other things too, but you should be able to switch the Hue directly in the QuickApp LUA.

It's not nice, but at least I have a switch in the app for the Hue.

I’m new to FIbaro but I think I’ll return this HC3. Actually, nothing works with it!

And the iOS app is not complete and not iPad compatible...

I thought HC3 was a improvement of the 2 but all scripts and apps would works on it... but no.

This box is advertised ready for the future, so we might not be in the future... 

Am I wrong or is it not ready to work?

• Thanks 1

Well, yes sure! Who would pay that much to make z-wave associations? I can do that without a controller.

When you want to buy and compare, or you go to compatibly page, it’s not said that 98% of the scenes/quick apps and scripts aren’t working on the H3 and so you’re lost and have to do all by yourself. For me, if you’re not a pro HC2 user you can’t make it.

If I check the advertising of let’s say « The Heater Controller », you see that you can check history of warming and usage, but it seems not the case in HC3.

I’m seriously lost ? 

@iS21

It's easy

if you need only zwave, hc3 is the controller to buy.

If you need more then zwave, buy something else.

Or use the HC3 - Hue solution here:

And maybe wait for the next App release for more QuickApp support. I don’t know how integrated this Hue QuickApp works in the mobile app at this moment. An extra scene is always an workaround to turn on and off Hue lights. 

Otherwise, sell the bloodie thing

Actually I see the lamp in the web interface, which is enough for me as I use Siri and HomeKit, but my main workaround for Hue and other things would be: curl.

I'll try to find how to work with it. I surely need only z-wave as a device protocol, but I need a lot more to interface with (FreePBX, Hue, Soma Smart Shades, etc…). All of this works with curl so I could try to do it, but I hoped for more things out of the box.

Also, when I detect a move and turn on the light, well I don't turn on, I set a color depending of the time of the day: in Indigodomo a guy made a great plug-in for this, but I can do my own API commands, not a problem, just not really easy to start from scratch. 
On the LUA page of Fibaro, and searching CURL, maybe I can make it. If not, I send back the box next week :)

Thanks for you links and advises.

Hello,

Is there any news on that topic for having HUE displayed in iOS App Yubii ? So far, I just see them on MAC, but not on iPad/iPhone.

And in addition, even on MAC, I am not able to see the color before setting it up, I have tried multiple times the "HUE Color", the bar does not display the color :-(

Thanks for help,

Fly