Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 and other protocols

Eufi

Hi, is this announcement correct

The Zigbee, Bluetooth LE, 433MHz, and 868MHz protocols are not fully implemented in software at this time, so it is not possible to add devices that work with these protocols.

The table chips of each communication protocol are physically located in the device.

Will be the HC3 officialy support those protocols in near future?

What I read every where, there is almost nothing working with the HC3.

I don't understand why they don't wait to complete the HC3 before they sell it.

For what I read so far, you can only switch an light on and off with an Z-Wave device:-(

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2020 at 1:50 PM, blokl said:

What I read every where, there is almost nothing working with the HC3.

most of these "nothing works" are customer trying to copy/paste their HC2 code, that will not work at all or not properly, and don't forget the 4 weeks till HC3 got latest update. It is always hard to be "first minute" customer.

I don't understand why they don't wait to complete the HC3 before they sell it.

because there are no "completed" products on the market? This is how the world is today -> 

Please login or register to see this link.

I hate it, defintely. But in the 70s we would wait till 80s to get it developed, in the 80s it would take still 5yrs to get buggy product ^^ Today the customer can somehow participate, in the middle of product creation, which i for Smart Home neverending  living process. 

Sure, it would be probably better to release HC3 with 5.021.38 and not 5.20.60, anyway, now the firmware is there and every new customer can/have to immediately update it.

For what I read so far, you can only switch an light on and off with an Z-Wave device:-(

i read somewhere, one can dim lights as well :P 

Edited by tinman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 8:58 PM, Eufi said:

Will be the HC3 officialy support those protocols in near future?

there was alreay information about posted somewhere in forum, 433/868 (for NICE devices - and if someone spend some beer to all the guys working on it right now, they will add "send generic frame" too), Zigbee will follow. That's all for next months, BLE definitely not this year (unless someone provide business reason).

• 8 months later...

I am so regretful  to buy HC3 still nothing works except limited Z-Wave divice, my HC2 is working ok than HC3, why they are selling this devices while it is not complete, Just planning to say good buy to Fibaro, this company is very lazy  

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Flemming64 said:

Now... 2 years later and Zigbee is still not working. I fully understand why people ar switching to Homey...

No, to Home Assistant :-)

Real nerds just run everything. HA, Homey, Hc3, Ohab, Motics, Jeedom, Domoticz.

And you know what. All without that crappy zizziziiziiIGbeeeeeee.

8 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

OK, I'm now running Z-Wave, ZigBee and 433 MHz on my old converted HC2. So I'm a real nerd now, right? ?

Yeah your the best, i love it :) You did a amazing job.

• Like 1