Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat-it z-push button 8 scene

Incomplette

Question

Hi,

i want to do script in lua that dim my light when i held down button. But this device send "Released" trigger right away "Held down" trigger however i am still holding button. It is possible setup this device to send "Released" trigger only when i really release button?

8 answers to this question

the device is not the Problem, i did analyzed it, it does send only "Held down". It is bug in the Fibaro Firmware. Can you share which Home Center and what Firmware Version you on? And as well what Firmware Version is being displayed in advanced configuration of the Heatit Scene Controller?

EDIT: see answer from Fibaro, i validated it

Edited by tinman
  • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 27 minutes ago, tinman said:

the device is not the Problem, i did analyzed it, it does send only "Held down". It is bug in the Fibaro Firmware. Can you share which Home Center and what Firmware Version you on? And as well what Firmware Version is being displayed in advanced configuration of the Heatit Scene Controller?

Thanks for investigation.

Here are info about my configuration:

Home Center 3 

SW version: 5.021.38

Heat-it 8 button

Z-wave version from advanced tab: 5.3

Edited by Incomplette

@A.Socha this one was already reported i my bug-list for 5.020.60, but seems to be still there. HC3 does report released, but button is still being Held down, as one can see from Zniffer log. After real released HC3 does report it again, this time properly as released. Therefore not really easy to make Scenes "on Held down" / "on released". Can you please take a look on it?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Btw., we do have exact same bug on HC2, 4.580

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/image.png.35a6f15553a6ca074949a7a3ff7d398c.png" />

Both HC2 4.580 and HC3 4.021.38 are capable to recognize that command properly, when these coming from e.g. from Fibaro RGBW2, so as one of my ex-wifes said "must be one click to go?"

EDIT: affected products are from Heatit and Sunricher, 2x, 4x and 8x Scene Controller;

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by tinman

For from I know there is not an issue with our firmware, this is related to "slow refresh" capability in Central Scene Command Class.
    If device supports this CC in version 1 or 2 device must resend Hold event every 200ms as specification requires (not sending it means -> released) (pictue from

) :

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/image.png.67394f5fc61e1e32c66bbd1f58e5b287.png" />
    From version 3 of this command class there is an option to disable this (but device need to report this), then "held down" refresh should be send in 55s interval.

image.png.3d4189b0e67f9dc299729e31f26c3d34.png

We can force to set this flag to "1" in the device template and simulate version 3 of this command class but this cannot be done with devices without templates.

Now our gateway want to see next Held event in every 200ms according to Z-Wave Specification. 

EDIT:
    As I can see those devices supports V3 of this cc according to Z-Wave Alliance.
    We will investigate this on our side to make sure that HC works as designed :)

Edited by m.roszak
    • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, m.roszak said:

... device supports this CC in version 1 or 2 device must resend Hold event every 200ms as specification requires (not sending it means -> released) (pictue from

) :

Although there probably not too many forum members interested in this kind of detail... I really do appreciate references to the specification, the screen shots and the explanation. There is a small number of people on this forum enjoying this stuff so please keep posting ;)

For those who want to follow such an in-depth discussion it might be worth repeating that much more of the Z-Wave specification is available to the public (so not only SDS13781 linked by mr @m.roszak) ... 

On 3/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, m.roszak said:

As I can see those devices supports V3 of this cc according to Z-Wave Alliance.

Again, another great source for in depth tech detail. Unfortunately, the info is not always up-to-date, it seems like most docs were added at the time of certification. I would certainly recommend this source but also check the manufacturer's latest documents.

For those wanting to play along at home...

Edited by petergebruers

I have analyzed device behavior and unfortunately device in frame Central Scene Supported Report advertises no support for mentioned here "Slow refresh" capability.
    It is an issue in device firmware.
    We won't be able to fix this globally, only adding specific templates for all of this devices will allow us to "force" different approach to Central Scene Notification Reports. 

• Thanks 4

Hi,

sorry for opening old topic.

But the same situation like this happens when monostable switch is connecting to Smart Implant inputs. Those inputs are set via parameters to send central scene events.

Even if the input1 at Smart Implant is still physically in status "HeldDown", in HC3 debug window I get almost immediately "Released" after "HeldDown".

@m.roszak Could you help somehow? Otherwise HeldDown function is useless.

Thank you.

Smart Implant - firmware 5.1 (same situation in 5.2)

HC3 - firmware 5.070.42

Edited by SmarterHOME