Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS 223 status report issue

Speedo67

Question

i have included a FGS-223 and configured as momentary switch (S1) and as a scene controller (S2).

For a few days it works very well, but then there is no reaction for the scene-controller, because the local switch (S2) - status doesn’t report to HC2.
The same for S1 – the light goes on but on UI and App there is no status-change. In the other direction (UI / App- switch on/off) – the FGS223 reacted.
I see on sniffer (@tinman ) that the signal is going out and the receive is ok.

Here on Fibaro Forum there are posts that say change parameter 20  from 2 – 0 – 2 will fix that issue.

I try, but the modification will not be executed. (see attached pictures).

I take a ticket an Fibaro support (202307) and get this answer: 
..We’re aware of this issue and we’ve already forwarded it to our engineers, who are currently working on resolving it as soon as possible. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience it caused but I have to ask you for a little more patience.

Has anyone a idea or way to fix this issue? I suspect Fibaro engineers are very busy on HC3-progress, so that problem will be fixed at very later date...

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/picture_1.JPG.4f9c42115c9254096a6d4162bf9edc6c.JPG" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

Hi, @Speedo67 .

As seen on your screenshot your device is not fully synced. So first try to press "read parameters" button. If it doesn't help, try soft reconfiguration. You should get rid of this nasty red line) After this I would check if group 1 is still associated with the controller.

Hello, I'm sorry for my English - I'm going google translator. I set up enough of these devices and I did the same. Helped long UTP and 230 cable and I had to transfer HC2 from room to room and read and send parameters, signal in house good, controlled via zniffer

Edited by Moucha

• Inquirer
  • @baskalex trying your solution: soft reconfiguration running over 2 hours -  cancelled. No fix..

@Speedo67

looks like your device is located far from the controller. I’m afraid you have to move the controller closer and do soft reconfiguration again. It should take no more then five minutes. If it’s taking longer just abort it. If soft reconstruction doesn’t help, try usual reconfiguration. 

Hi All!

I have just added Fibaro FGS22 double switch to my Home Center 2.

In the device details I could see 4 items.

1st item is the Master

2nd item is the first "button" of the switch

3rd item is a switch but I don't know what I could use for (it could be switch on and off), because it doesn't show up anywhere in the controllers pages (device, rooms, etc.) only the details of this device

4th item is the second button of the switch

What is this hidden (?) button good for?

Another odd thing with FGS223

There is the hidden (?) button also and I have one more device which is showed as a "Remote controller".

What is this good for?

Thank you for the answers!