Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 to HC3 Migration (Console dead - not accessible)

MokKlit

Question

I have Followed the described process (latest firmwares etc) --> HC3 applied latest backup (moved from HC2) --> configuration steps --> Added static IP --> Reboot --> 
Stuck! Dashboard/Devices forms hanging like trying to load and never stops)
Then into Recovery mode --> only option "Reset Network setting" --> Reboot!!

Now it gets funny!

Now the system never comes up! All LED's is OK except for "Security" LED, which is blinking!? Only option is turn power off and try again --> never getting any further.

When trying to "Reset to factory mode" ON PHYSICAL BUTTON as described in the manual (more than 20 secs) Press button in the back during startup - nothing happens.
- was expecting to be able to switch between Static/dynamic IP (blink yellow/green), again it ends up with only the 'Security' LED blinking nothing happens?????

The point is that it never gets an IP address and goes online!

Is it not possible to do a 'Hard reset' on the box to 'factory settings'? Total swipe and start over?

Have anyone seen this issue :-(

BR / Allan

Please login or register to see this attachment.

8 answers to this question

no worries, remove power, push/hold the + button, apply power. The HC3 LEds will start to blink from left to right, now you can release the + key and wait till recovery mode finished to boot.

Once that done, you will see one System with Version as active (on top), and second not active or just None. No Problem, just click there "receover" and "latest".

Once that done, HC3 will boot with empty System (your org. System is still there, but inactive).

Now you can go to backup and restore your HC2 backup, then reboot, and then try if you can change IP to static

Sounds a bit like this... But in my case the system got back online after a few attempts and pulling the plug (edit: and re-enabling the ethernet port on my managed switch)...

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • Thanks a lot guys!! - finally :-)

Unplugged power --> and started back up in Revovery mode! It came allive!!

Before the BIG CRASH i saw the same issue as i now see again (after migration)

Devices are not loaded and the same thing goes for the Dashboard!? - I have just added Hue Plugin and succeeded in adding lights :-)

- for a brief moment i saw all my 'migrated' devices - but at page reload --> again just hanging trying to load Device/Dashboard pages (In profiles they are listed!)

A funny thing is that my mobile app pointer has been successfully routed to HC3 (from HC2!!) - and my switches actually works through the mobile interface --> success :-)

hmmm ... any suggestions?

Again thanks a lot for your support to a newbie :-)

BR / Allan

14 minutes ago, MokKlit said:

A funny thing is that my mobile app pointer has been successfully routed to HC3 (from HC2!!) - and my switches actually works through the mobile interface --> success :-)

hmmm ... any suggestions?

Again thanks a lot for your support to a newbie :-)

BR / Allan

Another user reported a similar issue here (no dashboard, but mobile app is working):

I suggested to contact support, but the user has not reported back so I don't know if his problem got fixed

On 3/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, MokKlit said:

I have Followed the described process (latest firmwares etc) --> HC3 applied latest backup (moved from HC2) --> configuration steps --> Added static IP --> Reboot --> 
    Stuck! Dashboard/Devices forms hanging like trying to load and never stops)
    Then into Recovery mode --> only option "Reset Network setting" --> Reboot!!

Now it gets funny!

Now the system never comes up! All LED's is OK except for "Security" LED, which is blinking!? Only option is turn power off and try again --> never getting any further.

When trying to "Reset to factory mode" ON PHYSICAL BUTTON as described in the manual (more than 20 secs) Press button in the back during startup - nothing happens.
    - was expecting to be able to switch between Static/dynamic IP (blink yellow/green), again it ends up with only the 'Security' LED blinking nothing happens?????

The point is that it never gets an IP address and goes online!

Is it not possible to do a 'Hard reset' on the box to 'factory settings'? Total swipe and start over?

Have anyone seen this issue :-(

BR / Allan

Hi Allan,

I have the same problem... can't access console for a recovery or reset factory !

force to be returned the HC3 to fibaro support :(

Stef

Edited by couillerot

Have ordered HC3 (meanwhile using my friend's HC3) and my question is: Can I migrate HC2 to HC3 without having controllers connected to Fibaro cloud?

From security reasons I don't use Fibaro remote cloud and one of the reasons to move to HC3 is ability to use HTTPS.

• Inquirer
  • Hi guys ..

UPDATE!!

I have had a support case running for more than a week! Online Team viewer support + Remote access open for developers.
    Issue is temporary resolved and the forms are now loading as they should (Dashboard/Devices/General/History)
    In my case a Qubino On/Off Thermostat 2 Device caused the issue (deactivated) and the answer from support is "we are working on it"
    Just to let you know! i also have other Qubino devices running, without problems (Flush 2 Relays + Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter)

BR / Allan

• Thanks 1