Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec multisensor 6 - no wakeup, no automatick status updates (buggy?)

Incomplette

Question

Hi, i add Aeotec multisensor 6 to my HC3 but it seems not working properly. I try to add and remove 3 times. After installation "wake up interval" is set to 0s and i cant change it. 

Automatic updates working only for PIR sensor. Temperature, luminance, humidity, uv is not auto updated at all (now for almost 10 hours). I setup thresholds to low values and manual wake up device to sync this settings. Nothing help ... 

Even threshold for temperature is impossible to change to normal value (eg. 1C). Default value after installation is set to 131097.6 C and after change and sync is always reset to this value.

Have someone similar issues with Aeotec multisensor 6? It is device or hc3 related problem?

20 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Ok, wake up time fixed when i manually wake up device and change wake up interval and sync. But many of parameters is "unchangeable" (Parameter 41, 101, 102, 103 ...) after sync with device this params are reset do defaults automatically ...

Hi. I have it on HC2 and it works just fine. So, my guess it’s HC3 problem. Also one of the forum members has same issue with ZXT600 - it also won’t update temperature readings. So it looks like it’s Fibaro issue. 

1 hour ago, Incomplette said:

No one has this sensor installed in HC3?

Yes I do,

One on battery and one on power suply.

Have the same isue's as you, but also had them on a HCL. IMHO, its a firmware and Fibaro problem.

did you tried to turn off template?

try including non-secure if you included secure or visa versa

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 10:09 AM, Incomplette said:

Even threshold for temperature is impossible to change to normal value (eg. 1C). Default value after installation is set to 131097.6 C and after change and sync is always reset to this value.

This is an old bug... Like @tinman said you have to turn of the template but that is not enough, you also have to follow my explanation here to set this parameter:

TL;DR although 131097.6 looks odd, it is actually correct because Aeotec made an error documenting this parameter.

Here are the MS6 parameters set on my HC3:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It is a mains powered unit. Battery reporting works differently when in "battery" mode (less frequent reporting of temp/hum/...)

It is certainly reporting motion and temperature. Click on "Spoiler" to see image. This picture uses grafana + influxDB, it is not a standard feature of HC3.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Motion detected at around 01:00 is correct, I am a bad sleeper ;)

On 3/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, tinman said:

did you tried to turn off template?

If a uncheck "use template" I cannot save this setting. It gets checked again. What I'm doing wrong. ??

Yes, even if you click on turn off template, it will be shows up enabled again after you clicked on save, but all the values you have changed will get set properly (this is actually bug on HC3 with current Version, it was working before). You can try following, select "Show hidden devices", go to the parent device of the MS6, unselect "use template" set all paramaters you wish and save. That so far how to set something and be able to click on save. Tested multiple times, with battery and usb powered, no issues top set everything like described. Btw., on HC2 i was alwys using lua script, to desable temple, set on partenal and the child devices, that was working as well.

About the functionality, which firmware Version is instaled on yours?

EDITED: that one MS6 was broken, another one works

MS with fw 1.13 

motion - no

other sensors - yes

MS with fw 1.11 

motion - no

other sensors - yes

MS with fw 1.08 

motion - no

other sensors - yes

of course i can see Motion detected on zniffer, it will simply not get postprocessed on HC3 (detected as such, but not displayed as such)

Luckily one can see with zniffer, that only Alarm nofitication and not both Alarm notofication and binary sensor report has bee send with the broken MS6, anyway, These with MS6 problems should check with Zniffer or PC Controller or with help from Fibaro support (HC3 logs are good enough as well) to see if "affected" MS6 are working properly (remember to set Parameter 5 to 2)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

One need to know, that Aeotec managed to make so many firmware Version, with so many contradictionary behavious/params, that it is really necessary to know what Version is installed, to be able to help or report something. 

Edited by tinman

Hello @tinman.

After "show hidden devices"  I uncheck "use template" but nowhere to save this setting. even after changing parameters. If I still can change them in the parameter tab.

Comming from a HCL I didn't do anything with LUA. Want to learn but have find the time for it.

just click somewhere on the free space, e.g. near the save button, you and you will see - if you changed any parameter of Course - the save button will get enabled/focused and you can click on it to save.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

just click somewhere on the free space, e.g

Could have thought about that. ☺️.

Worked like a charm, thank you for you're help.

SorryI forgot to mension the sensors are on firmware 1.13

2 hours ago, tinman said:

MS with fw 1.11 

motion - no

other sensors - yes

That's odd... Mine is 1.11 and I do have "motion" on my HC3. The only likely difference between your and mine is this... I "migrated" from HC2, I did  "include" my device on HC3...

3 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

That's odd... Mine is 1.11 and I do have "motion" on my HC3. The only likely difference between your and mine is this... I "migrated" from HC2, I did  "include" my device on HC3...

downgrading right now another one MS6 ...

I have on MS6 included in HC3. FW 1.11 and working fine. Only thing is the UV sensor is included as a multilevel sensor.

The UV is disabled because I dont need it in the bathroom.

Jim

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

The only likely difference between your and mine is this... I "migrated" from HC2, I did  "include" my device on HC3...

ok, tested with migrated HC3 and new HC3 now … results below

1 hour ago, tinman said:

downgrading right now another one MS6 ...

and found out that the "not working" MS6 is broken! A second one Aeotec MS6 works properly, tried multiple times. same result, on migrated and new HC3, confirmed with HC2.

The broken one is simply never sending binary sensor report (but is definitely configured to do it - parameter 5 set to 2, confirmed even with PC Controller / UZB that this one is set), but it does send only alarm report (as the picture in my previous post), so really crazy issue. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a few Aeotec Motion Sensor 6 and Tri Sensor on my HC3 in all kind of version 1.11 -> 1.13. I tried to set Parameter 5 on Motion Sensor 6 to 2... but can't get any motion detection in my HC3 together with Aeotec at all. I have one Fibaro Motion sensor which is working like a charm.

Any ideas from your side how to get it working?

Cheers Bjoern 

Hi I have just installed and upgraded to HC3. Massive disaster with config transfer between HC2 and HC3 with latest FW, so be very careful!! Had to reconfigure both from scratch. 

Now Having re configured all devices I now know everything is setup and reporting correctly.

There seems to be a problem with all different sensors rerouting the wrong temperate regardless of device type and brand. I have tested this in mutiple rooms with multiple devices and NONE are reporting correctly which means I cannot use for any type of climate control. 

Is this a bug, is there a solution ??  - IS this FIBARO trying to push selling their own sensors ? 

I have:

1 x ZXT600

3 x DOME Door Pro

1 x AOTEC 6

5 x AOTEC TriSensor

All reporting incorrect temperature, all other features work fine it;'s only the temp reporting. 

Any help would be appreciated.