Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

QA for Shelly WiFi modules

michal85pl

Question

Hi,

I am not a programmer, but from the resources available on the forum I managed to glue QA to support WiFi Shelly modules (Switch1PM, Shelly2.5, Shelly Plug S). The code is certainly not clean and needs patches, QA sometimes hang and do not update the status icons or power consumption. Additionally, with 20 modules it causes a lot of cpu load. Would anyone experienced be interested in helping to refine the QA before posting it in the forum?

Regards
Michal

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • W dniu 6.12.2020 o 14:54, Abdelrhaman_Ali napisał:

Hello can you send me QA for wall plugs

thanks in advance

W dniu 1.09.2020 o 07:43, jgab napisał:

I have a new version of the Shelly QA that tried to support more types of Shelly devices. Unfortunately I only have a simple Shelly switch to experiment with.

This one doesn't have roller shutter support either but it would be quite easy to add.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

This QA works with Wall Plugs

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 31 minut temu, okidoki napisał:

Hi @Michal85pl, 

I planning to buy the shelly doorsensor for my garage where no zwave exist but there is wifi.  Did you test that device too with the QA? 

regards

jacco

Hi, I tested the wifi door / window sensor and in my opinion they are not suitable for fibaro, only with their own shelly app. The time it takes to wake up the device is too long and, rather, by accident, QA was trying to check its state at the same time when it was actually changing it.

3 hours ago, michal85pl said:

Hi,

I am not a programmer, but from the resources available on the forum I managed to glue QA to support WiFi Shelly modules (Switch1PM, Shelly2.5, Shelly Plug S). The code is certainly not clean and needs patches, QA sometimes hang and do not update the status icons or power consumption. Additionally, with 20 modules it causes a lot of cpu load. Would anyone experienced be interested in helping to refine the QA before posting it in the forum?

Regards
    Michal

I could have a look - I may buy something from Shelly in the future...

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks to the commitment and help of @jgab, we created QA to support Shelly modules.

Tested on Shelly1PM, Shelly 2.5 and ShellyPlugS.
    In the variables You must define the module IP address, authorization data and provide the relay number.
    We invite You to test and report any comments / problems. 

Edited by michal85pl
    • Like 3
    • Thanks 2

• Inquirer
  • W dniu 21.04.2020 o 12:32, KaWi napisał:

Please login or register to see this code.

Hello,

QA has not been adapted to work in Roller Shutter mode, so editing variables will be useless. Changing the mode of the roller shutter module forces a change of command syntax, so also changes in QA code. Unfortunately, I don't have rollers, so I'm unable to help with testing, especially since the author of the code is @jgab question is whether he will be able to help, because as far as I know, he doesn't have these modules physically.

• Inquirer
  • 12 minut temu, KaWi napisał:

This should work, QA only needs code modification.
    I didn't help anything, so you're welcome.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:32 AM, KaWi said:

Hi , I modified  @jgab QA in order to work with a shelly 2.5 as a roller shutter.

It should work, just change IP address and user and password on the variables.

Edited by Flipoidix
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Flipoidix said:

Hi , I modified  @jgab QA in order to work with a shelly 2.5 as a roller shutter.

It should work, just change IP address and user and password on the variables.

I have a new version of the Shelly QA that tried to support more types of Shelly devices. Unfortunately I only have a simple Shelly switch to experiment with.

This one doesn't have roller shutter support either but it would be quite easy to add.

The quickVars defines the devices that it should look for.

Ex. "L1:0:admin:admin:192.168.1.141" -- name : relay : user : pwd : IP

It then tries to figure out what kind of device it is and creates a suitable childDevice for it.

Anyway, I really tried to get the RGB2 part to work but there is something that doesn't work still according to @michal85pl

The QA is developed with my hc3 emulator and QA toolbox - if someone would like to debug and try to enhance the QA feel free. It's really hard to get things working without the real devices to test against.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, michal85pl said:

Thanks to the commitment and help of @jgab, we created QA to support Shelly modules.

Tested on Shelly1PM, Shelly 2.5 and ShellyPlugS.
    In the variables You must define the module IP address, authorization data and provide the relay number.
    We invite You to test and report any comments / problems. 

Hi @Michal85pl, 

I planning to buy the shelly doorsensor for my garage where no zwave exist but there is wifi.  Did you test that device too with the QA? 

regards

jacco

ESP8266 on battery is useless, one can fly to the moon with 2 of CR123A. Shelly additionally don't even know how long a year is, marketing picture talk about "more than two years", while in the technical specs is "18 months". Polling wifi battery powered device is tricky and slow - better is to have firmware on such sensor, with http post compiled into firmware (to send changes to HC3 on wakeup instead of polling it). When there is no other option (z-wave) i would probably buy reed door contact and wire it to any other non-battery powered device (which is always on and easier to poll).

2 hours ago, michal85pl said:

Hi, I tested the wifi door / window sensor and in my opinion they are not suitable for fibaro, only with their own shelly app. The time it takes to wake up the device is too long and, rather, by accident, QA was trying to check its state at the same time when it was actually changing it.

Ah, thanks for the answer! That saves me some money and frustration!  Too bad, it looked like a good solution for my heavily concrete Faraday kind of parking garage where no zwave is coming in...

1 hour ago, tinman said:

ESP8266 on battery is useless, one can fly to the moon with 2 of CR123A. Shelly additionally don't even know how long a year is, marketing picture talk about "more than two years", while in the technical specs is "18 months". Polling wifi battery powered device is tricky and slow - better is to have firmware on such sensor, with http post compiled into firmware (to send changes to HC3 on wakeup instead of polling it). When there is no other option (z-wave) i would probably buy reed door contact and wire it to any other non-battery powered device (which is always on and easier to poll).

Hi Tinman, thanks for the tip, I was indeed looking to sich a solution, but the fact remains that even a simple reed contact would need to be read out by some device that will be controlled by my HC3. And thats exactly my issue, i don't want to draw a wire to the garage just fore the reed contact. I was hoping that i could do something with the wifi that is there in the garage...

2 minutes ago, okidoki said:

i don't want to draw a wire to the garage just for the reed contact. I was hoping that i could do something with the wifi that is there in the garage...

no no, with wiring i thought about something like Shelly Uni

Please login or register to see this link.

and reed contact conected to it, not wire from house to garage :)