Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Factory reset single switch 2 module

Guest Wiseguy76

Question

Guest Wiseguy76

I have got a Fibaro single switch 2 built in a switch box. I used to operate it using Domoticz, however that system got corrupted and I was not able to restore the database in a fresh install of Domoticz.

Therefor I decided to purchase a Fibaro Home Center 2. The system works like a charm and I also want to add the Single switch 2. To do that I understood I have to reset the module using the following steps:

Resetting the device:

1. Switch off the mains voltage (disable the fuse).
  2. Remove the Switch 2 from the wall switch box.
  3. Switch on the mains voltage.
  4. Press and hold the B-button to enter the menu.
  5. Wait for the visual LED indicator to glow yellow.
  6. Quickly release and click the B-button again.
  7. After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signalled with the red LED indicator colour.

I think I followed all the steps: shut down the power, removed the switch from the switchbox and pulled out all the wires from the module. Then attached all the wires again, switched the power back on, pushed the B-button for a few seconds until the yellow led turned on, release the B-button and quickly pushed it again...… only I didn't get a red LED indicator telling me the module was restarted and reset. I cannot find the module when I want to add it to my HC2.

What did I do wrong? And more important, what do I need to do to be able to factory reset the module and add it to my HC2?

Deleting it from Domoticz is not possible anymore, because that system is crashed end not working anymore. I must do it like the method mentioned above.... only I don't know what I do wrong.

Pleas help me out.

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Wiseguy76 said:

I must do it like the method mentioned above...

There is an alternative way. Any controller can exclude and reset any z-wave device at any time. So put your HC2 in "delete" mode (devices tab) like you would if you would want to exclude a device. Then perform the "right exclude click sequence" on the device, it is in the manual, for this device it will be the same as the "include" sequence = 3-click, see below. You can use S1 for that (or the small button on the device). The fact that it is not the original hub (the one that included the device) does not matter. Any controller can exclude and reset any z-wave device at any time.

The Exclusion procedure for "Single Switch 2"

Removing (Exclusion) - Z-Wave device learning mode, allowing to remove the device from existing Z-Wave network.
To remove the device from the Z-Wave network:
1. Place the Switch 2 within the direct range of your Z-Wave controller.
2. Identify the S1 switch.
3. Set the main controller in remove mode (see the controller’s manual).
4. Quickly, three times press the S1 switch.
5. Wait for the removing process to end.
6. Successful removing will be confirmed by the Z-Wave controller’s message.

Again, you may think: "this won't work because the device was never included on HC2" but that does not matter. Please do try it, it will work, I am 100% certain. It is a feature of Z-Wave.

In case of problems with adding/removing using S1 switch, use B-button instead (located on the housing)

• Like 1

Guest Wiseguy76
  • Inquirer
  • That did the trick indeed :-)

Unfortunately, when I try to use the switch from the HC2, I get the message "No Connection"

Somehow the HC2 is able to activate the scene that I connected to this module.... it switches the garden lights on and off like the scenes are programmed.

When I want to operate the lights manually, I get the message "no connection" again....

Is there any explanation for this behavior?

1 hour ago, Wiseguy76 said:

when I try to use the switch from the HC2, I get the message "No Connection"

I am not sure where you get that message but I assume "web interface" or "mobile app" because you say "... is able to active scene" so Z-Wave is working.

In that case, I would say it is a (IP) network issue like duplicate IP address, a bad cable, wifi issue, or maybe internet issues.

On the other hand, if it is a Z-Wave issue, leading to red "transfer failed" messages in the browser, it is worth nothing that you are migrating from Domoticz so possibly you do not have enough devices on your HC2 (yet)... Here are my Z-Wave rules of thumb: less than 5 modules, sometimes issues because not enough devices to cover all areas. Between 5 and 20...almost never issues. Between 20  and  50... sometimes trouble. Between 50 and 100 devices real "weirdness" starts and communication gets "fragile". Above 100 make sure you have the tools to diagnose network issues (ie Zniffer, you can make one yourself) or get in touch with a good certified installer to support you (I am and end user, not an installer). Know about CPU and memory usage, know how to limit devioe reporting and sending too much data. Follow this forum...

Edited by petergebruers

On 3/24/2020 at 10:20 PM, Wiseguy76 said:

I have got a Fibaro single switch 2 built in a switch box. I used to operate it using Domoticz, however that system got corrupted and I was not able to restore the database in a fresh install of Domoticz.

Therefor I decided to purchase a Fibaro Home Center 2. The system works like a charm and I also want to add the Single switch 2. To do that I understood I have to reset the module using the following steps:

Resetting the device:

1. Switch off the mains voltage (disable the fuse).
    2. Remove the Switch 2 from the wall switch box.
    3. Switch on the mains voltage.
    4. Press and hold the B-button to enter the menu.
    5. Wait for the visual LED indicator to glow yellow.
    6. Quickly release and click the B-button again.
    7. After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signalled with the red LED indicator colour.

I think I followed all the steps: shut down the power, removed the switch from the switchbox and pulled out all the wires from the module. Then attached all the wires again, switched the power back on, pushed the B-button for a few seconds until the yellow led turned on, release the B-button and quickly pushed it again...… only I didn't get a red LED indicator telling me the module was restarted and reset. I cannot find the module when I want to add it to my HC2.

What did I do wrong? And more important, what do I need to do to be able to factory reset the module and add it to my HC2?

Deleting it from Domoticz is not possible anymore, because that system is crashed end not working anymore. I must do it like the method mentioned above.... only I don't know what I do wrong.

Pleas help me out.

The red led does turn on, but its almost immediate and very brief.