Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

controlling a second dimmer using the S2 switch and using a zwave controller

mrfloppy

I figured out how to use associations to be able to use the S2 terminal on one dimmer to switch on/of/dim another (remote) dimmer module. I might be missing something. But when i switch of the remote dimmer using a controller the next time i use the S2 connected wall switch it doesnt work the first time. I have to press twice on the wall switch to switch on the remote light. I am using a raspberry with Home Assistant and AeonLabs zwave stick to control the dimmers.

Is it possible to switch the remote dimmer on, regardless of its current state? What am i missing here?

Fiddling around with the settings for buttion behavior and synching the state dont seem to help. From the manual:

21. The value sent to associated devices on single click This parameter defines the value sent to devices associated with Dimmer 2 after its enabling. Available settings: 0 - 0xFF value is sent, which will set associated devices to their last saved state 1 - current Dimmer 2 state is sent, which will synchronize brightness level of associated devices (other dimmers for example) Default setting: 0 Parameter size: 1 [byte]

22. Assign toggle switch status to the device status By default each change of toggle switch position results in action of Dimmer 2 (switch on/off ) regardless the physical connection of conntacts. Available settings: 0 - device changes status on switch status change 1 - device status is synchronized with switch status Default setting: 0 Parameter size: 1 [byte]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Topic Author
  • I Thought i'd check up on this post. Still having the same results and Parameter 20 is for switch type. option 2 is a roller blind switch, which is not the feature i am looking for.

I get the same result when using the S2 switch on the remote (not connected) dimmer2 to switch the light on. And then use the S1 on the dimmer2 connected to the light to switch it off. The remote dimmer is not notified of the switching off.

Edited by mrfloppy