Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding a device

andyp

Question

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get a device to add to the network . I am trying to add a Fibaro Relay to the system but it will not add. Tried moving the controller (Home Center 2) to within 5 metres of the device, a different relay, stopping all my scripts, but I can not get it to add.

Every few attempts it clicks and turns the light on so it is working as a relay, but just can't get it added.

Any help much appreciated

10 answers to this question

Hello, try to exclude the device, go to the same page where you are doing your inclusion (add device) but on the bottom of the page you 'll find remove device, click on it and press the "B" button of your device 3 times when prompt. When the message "device excluded" is displayed, then retry adding it as you've done first by "add device".

• Inquirer
  • @Tony270570 tried that - no joy.

it doesn’t come up with ‘device excluded’ and add doesn’t work.

Edited by andyp

• Inquirer
  • @Tony270570 I'm currently using the Fibaro Double Switch 2FGS223 but have also tried the Fibaro Relay Switch FGS 212. I am trying to put it in the wall box for an outside socket to stop the plug being used without permission.The distance between the controller and the device is less than 6 m and currently have line of sight.

Edited by andyp

@andyp, ok thank you . Are devices new or did they already been included  ? It's strange that both aren't possible to include. When you have excluded the device, did you be able reading the exclusion message confirming the operation?

could you please try to factory reset the fgs :

1. Switch off the mains voltage (disable the fuse).
    2. Remove the Switch 2 from the wall switch box.
    3. Switch on the mains voltage.
    4. Press and hold the B-button to enter the menu.
    5. Wait for the visual LED indicator to glow yellow.
    6. Quickly release and click the B-button again.
    7. After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signalled with the red LED indicator colour.

• Inquirer
  • 12 hours ago, Tony270570 said:

@andyp, ok thank you . Are devices new or did they already been included  ? It's strange that both aren't possible to include. When you have excluded the device, did you be able reading the exclusion message confirming the operation?

could you please try to factory reset the fgs :

1. Switch off the mains voltage (disable the fuse).
    2. Remove the Switch 2 from the wall switch box.
    3. Switch on the mains voltage.
    4. Press and hold the B-button to enter the menu.
    5. Wait for the visual LED indicator to glow yellow.
    6. Quickly release and click the B-button again.
    7. After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signalled with the red LED indicator colour.

@Tony270570 When I hold the B Button it goes green - purple - green.  but not yellow

Am I doing something wrong or do i have it wired wrong. I have no switch so I have the incoming live going to L, Neutral both incoming and from socket  to N  and live to socket in Q1.

To answer your other questions it is old an old one, and when I exclude I get no message, it just times out after the time set. ie 30 seconds 

3 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

Do the devices have the right frequency (868.42MHz)? Maybe they are intended for another market?

Yes - they are all marked as European.

I have the same problem. Have tested a single switch and two double switches, one of them brand new. Software was 4.580 and I went back to 4.570, all with the same result… no inclusion. Also the range test says that all the switches can not find my HC2. I have done the range test 1 m from the HC2 but it isn't found.

With a smoke sensor I have no problems, it is included directly and I even have problems to get a bad result on the range test.

Do you have any ideas?

• Inquirer
  • I stopped all my scenes and made a rig using light fitting and plug in my office, then literally within inches of the HC2 got it to include, once that worked I moved the switch to its proposed position and it continued to work. So I have no idea what the issue is, as clearly it was in range and working.

OK, for me it worked nearly similar. My sences were activated and I switched back to 4.580. In the end I tried 20 times 5 cm away from the HC2 and at any time it worked