Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro RGBW controller + led stripe RGB+W

janilemy

Question

Hello, 

I am interest in buying led stripe RGB+W wich need 12V DC as input. Normaly you should get power supply extra for led lights that converts 220V into 12/24V ...

But I have a fibaro sistem and if I am correct RGBW does this already for you (just need a confirmation from you guys) ... It is used like power supply that can be wired directly to led stripes without additional power supply unit.

It can be used as 12V or 24V power supplyer (this is set in settings???) and the output for 12V is 144W and 24v -> 288W according to operation manual on fibaro site...

Can anyone confirm that you can wire led stripes directly to RGBW controller without additional power supply such I have posted in attachment?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_04/image.png.45af24ebd7808f6b1edf68ebd2f05af5.png" />

7 answers to this question

@janilemy

No, you need a 12v or 24vdc power supply, depending on the type of leds you are using.

never connect a fibaro rgbw module to the 230vac grid

• Inquirer
  • Oh I see now, my bad... I need to connect power supply 220V - 12/24 converter ... than connect this 12/24 to fibaro controller and then this controller to led lights ... SO RGBW controller need 12/24V for operating ... and I was hoping that I will save a little bit money on power supply :D

Hi I have just got my RGBW led strip. This has Red/Green/Blue/White cable as shown in the picture. But it doesn't have 12V connection. I tried putting 12V on white and negative on red and the red led is working. But with the fibaro controler I'm not able to get it to work. Any advise?

Hi I have just got my RGBW led strip. This has Red/Green/Blue/White cable as shown in the picture. But it doesn't have 12V connection. I tried putting 12V on white and negative on red and the red led is working. But with the fibaro controler I'm not able to get it to work. Any advise?

Hello

The circuit diagram of @SmartHomeEddy is correct if you have an RGBW LED module.
    If you have such a module there are also 5 connection cables or at least 5 connection pads
    But you write that you only have 4 cables ?!
    Then it can only be an RGB-LED module.
    Take a photo and post it here.
    Also try to get a documentation.
    You can measure it with a measuring device or if you don't get anything, take a 9V battery and try it out.
    One is always the plus and the others are minus or rather the connections of the control outputs of the Fibaro module.
    Greetings Frank

Hallo

Het schakelschema van @SmartHomeEddy is correct als je een RGBW LED-module hebt.
    Als je zo'n module hebt zijn er ook 5 aansluitkabels of minimaal 5 aansluitpads
    Maar je schrijft dat je maar 4 kabels hebt ?!
    Dan kan het alleen een RGB-LED-module zijn.
    Maak een foto en plaats deze hier.
    Probeer ook om documentatie te krijgen.
    U kunt dit meten met een meetapparaat of als u niets krijgt, neem dan een 9V batterij en probeer het uit.
    De ene is altijd de plus en de andere zijn min of liever de aansluitingen van de besturingsuitgangen van de Fibaro-module.
    Groetjes Frank