Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

QuickApp as a weather provider

fervefdsv

Question

Hello, I created QuickApp as a weather device and everything seems to be working fine. The only issue is that if I assign it as a Weather provider in General, I don't see the values in the UI in top right corner (see attachment). Is it possible to use QuickApp for that? And if so what "extra" needs to be done. At the moment I'm setting Temperature, Humidity, Wind, ConditionCode (3200 hardcoded) and WeatherCondition (unknown hardcoded) properties.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

Hi

i check with OpenWeatherMap and it working for me. I checked it on 5.030 who will be soon released for all users but in 5.021 should work too.

Example with OpenWeatherMap you will find on end of this site

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Hmm, I tried adding Weather plugin and selecting random temperature sensor and humidity sensor. Still the same. Might be that 5.021 has this broken?

but open weathermap is working for you?

by Weather plugin is not working for me too i will report that

16 hours ago, fervefdsv said:

At the moment I'm Setting ConditionCode (3200 hardcoded) and WeatherCondition (unknown hardcoded) 

3200 is unknown, so the Icon type is ok. So far ok, but in such case other values are not displayed. That probably make sense?, no idea, i would probably still like to see temp/hum/wind even if weather condition is unknown/unavailable

Additionally condition codes in Quick App Waether template is wrong, see below

5 hours ago, A.Socha said:

I checked it on 5.030 who will be soon released for all users 

from QA template:

Posible conditions: "unknown", "clear", "rain", "snow", "storm", "cloudy", "fog" 

but from com.fibaro.weather

<property name="WeatherCondition" type="string" valuesSet="[cloudy,rain,snow,storm,clear,fog,unavailable]"> 

so that already one difference, but it seems both "unknown" and "unavailable" can be used in QA, result is the same, displayed Icon type is "not available".

The QA Weather template have as well wrong condition codes definition, i think "proper" values are:

Please login or register to see this code.