Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Does the HC3 z-wave work in the US?

Rovingshoe

Question

In reading the manual for the Home Control 3, I notice that the US radio frequency band was missing in this table, whereas it appears in the HC2 manual (908.42/908.40 MHz US).  Does this imply it doesn't work in the US?  I don't how how the freq. switching is implemented.  I was hoping to replace my HCL with this in the near future.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

Right now Hc3 is only available in Europe, we work and certify further markets. Unfortunately, the virus is delaying our operations and unfortunately we are not able to introduce HC3 to other markets as quickly as we would like to.

So if you ask is now HC3 available to the US market, the answer is no, because the certification has not been completed (internal tests have shown compliance) Fibaro places great emphasis on safety and we certify the product according to general requirements as well as individual country requirements. The process takes much longer due to the number of radios supported.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the quick response.  I will have to just wait then, even though that isn't something I am good at. ?

Best of luck on the US certification.

Silence means no updates :-D Must be still trying to get certification.

My guess is the Zooz Z-box is their push into the US market. I am quite happy with mine so far.