Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 and Hue?

nicman

Question

Hi everbody!

I just bought the HC3 after using Homey for quite a while and starts to wonder if i just invested a lot of money down the drains?

The problem i have is that i can not see any Philips Hue lights in the Iphone app... I can se them in the Dashboard in my computer but not in the app..

I am doing something wrong? Can I get it to work?

Thank you all in advance for some guidance.

BR

Nick       

Edited by nicman

13 hours ago, robw said:

Here you go - Swedish:

Please login or register to see this code.

thanks, added to next version

On 4/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, petrkl12 said:

I need some beta testers but only a few experienced users that don't have HC3 in real "production" because there are some problems with current fibaro firmware and huge QA (problems with backup and restore system, sometimes with restart HC3). I hope that fibaro will solve it quickly ...

Hi @petrkl12,

I would like to help you with testing having about 60 devices with 2 bridges. My HC2 is production running and HC3 is only test environment.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, petrkl12 said:

And I also need help with translation to other languages.

I can also do some translations for Slovak and Dutch :-D

Hi everyone. Just wondering if you had the chance to finish this QA ?

I’m highly interested to get the Hue Motion Sensors working with my HC3. Your QA looks incredible !

Btw, if you need french translation, let me know, I’ll be happy to help. 

Keep the good work !

1 hour ago, jguellec said:

Hi everyone. Just wondering if you had the chance to finish this QA ?

I’m highly interested to get the Hue Motion Sensors working with my HC3. Your QA looks incredible !

Btw, if you need french translation, let me know, I’ll be happy to help. 

Keep the good work !

Here is an alternative, simpler QA (not so many functions), that works with Hue lights and sensors. It uses the childDevice concept so it gets UIs that somewhat works in the app...

To get Hue sensors just install the Hue sensors (button to install "Sensors").  They adhere to the types and properties making them useful in block scenes.

A general note on Hue plugins/QAs.

They all work by polling the Hue bridge at regular intervals. There is no way to make the bridge tell the HC3 that a device has changed state so this is the only option.

This is also true for Fibaro's own Hue plugin.

To make it useful for lights you typically want to poll the bridge every 2-3 seconds. For sensors you in principle want to poll as often as possible - but usually every second.

It's not so nice to walk into a dark room and it takes  5s before the room is lit....

However, polling the Hue bridge often puts a strain on the server inside the bridge. If there are many plugins /QAs polling in parallel it gets worse.

So, conclusion. Use only one QA/plugin to handle Hue devices - and be aware of the polling time.

My simple example above polls the bridge every second and gets the full state. Once every other minute the bridge refuses the request but the QA handles it and will just retry a few seconds later. However, if you add another Hue plugin, failed requests will increase...

I have to wait for next fibaro release because current version of fibaro firmware has bug (QA with thousands of code rows)

french translation is welcome :)

On 5/9/2020 at 1:26 PM, jgab said:

@jgab : I've successfully installed your QA. Again, thanks for sharing your work :) !

I was wondering if there was a way yo hide some child devices ? Currently, when I look at the "Advanced" tab, it's completely empty :

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm not sure if this is something expected ? 

Edited by jguellec

5 minutes ago, jguellec said:

@jgab : I've successfully installed your QA. Again, thanks for sharing your work :) !

I was wondering if there was a way yo hide some child devices ? Currently, when I look at the "Advanced" tab, it's completely empty :

I'm not sure if this is something expected ? 

I never realised that the advanced tab was empty. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to control that.

Maybe it's possible to hide with Lua.

and now the french one :)

with more than 60 hue lamps, would be of course very interested in also :)

hope it helps,

On 4/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, petrkl12 said:

@nicman @gooba You have PM with QA

@robw @Macschimmi 

Could you translate this:

Problem with long code is not solved :(

Edited by petrkl12

@A.Socha

still issue with long code during QA saving

On 5/9/2020 at 7:59 PM, petrkl12 said:

I have to wait for next fibaro release because current version of fibaro firmware has bug (QA with thousands of code rows)

french translation is welcome :)

Ok so I'm a TOTAL newbie to Fibaro, although I've got lots of C#, Java & SQL experience.... where would I use this? all I'm after is to be able to pick up events from Hue sensors & switches, it really seems to me that Fibaro have done a really half hearted attempt to interface with Hue, every other home automation system I've used has been sooooo much better that this mess

OK, you can try my integration with hue system. I can add you to beta testing but you shouldn't have HC3 in real production because there is still bug in fibaro system and your HC3 will not work correctly after reboot or backup

Ok, would be great if I could test it. at the moment i have converted the whole house to the hue system.
thank you
greetings
Olaf