Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 and Hue?

nicman

Question

Hi everbody!

I just bought the HC3 after using Homey for quite a while and starts to wonder if i just invested a lot of money down the drains?

The problem i have is that i can not see any Philips Hue lights in the Iphone app... I can se them in the Dashboard in my computer but not in the app..

I am doing something wrong? Can I get it to work?

Thank you all in advance for some guidance.

BR

Nick       

Edited by nicman

29 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

You can use it in scenes and define any actions for any buttons.

i understand. thanks.

I have one more question.

If I create a standard light with the icon on below  as shown in the figure, the icon will break. Do you know how this happen?

standard light does not have light condition of %.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

There is different solution for icons for standard lights, light sensors, motion sensors and temperature sensors because there is possibilty to add icons directly to QAs

So for example for lights you can select one QA for light and upload icons to HC via standard way:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_08/image.png.50140af1d559b4d19e6be0b6199312b0.png" />

Same for light sensor, motion sensor, temperature sensor

(after uploading all icons and save it - you have to get again icon ID but sometimes there can be a bit longer number in file name for example: User1006100.png - in this case - id that can be add to HueMain is 1006)

Then you have also possibility to add number to HueMain and icon will be used for all QAs with same type as default

image.png.b688d4ef15b3af40cf1f0249ee20096a.png

So it means that for example IconMotion with id 1003 will be used for all QAs for hue motion sensor and you don't need to add icon separately for every QA.

(in every hue QA you have parameter in variables called IconUpdate and if value will be setup to "No" than central icon update will be stoped for this QA and you can use different icons)

image.png.03d879d8ad9fd60d5522614ba716f45a.png

Edited by petrkl12

New version of HueMain: 2.30

Changes:

- Power consumption (consumtion of unavailable hue devices is 0)

- Unavailable hue devices will be shown in HC3 as Disconnected (in case of QA for group of lights - QA will be disconnected only if all bulbs in group are unavailable, in other cases there will be info which bulb is not working)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_08/image.png.95e3aecdc0581f9d2d734bb8324782b8.png" />   image.png.c36043a5534a089c73a9ba43a5322fe0.png  image.png.ed40496b5b49274f43dd5eb72c8f4d5c.png 

Edited by petrkl12
  • Thanks 2

Greetings, i can see ligh group in app, but its status is always on, only way i can figure if lights is on or off  is by power consumption, is this hc3 limitation or gub in qa?

Thanks

I think it’s bug in mobile app. You can check it in web interface and there is everything OK

On 8/30/2020 at 7:14 PM, petrkl12 said:

New version of HueMain: 2.30

Changes:

- Power consumption (consumtion of unavailable hue devices is 0)

- Unavailable hue devices will be shown in HC3 as Disconnected (in case of QA for group of lights - QA will be disconnected only if all bulbs in group are unavailable, in other cases there will be info which bulb is not working)

Please login or register to see this link.

Hello @petrkl12, hello all

thanks a lot for this massive work that you have done @petrkl12, that's abolutely impressive and the level of automation is just awesome.

Very keen on to use it also but actually meeting some issues, that may be of some help for next versions.

Presently, i can't run as it's crashing my HC that then goes in automatic repair mode and restore me the lastest backup (i hope so, because presently it's trying to restore for more than 6 hours and keep rebooting and then restoring again as soon as i'm trying to get logged in the new resauration...)

It's correctly working for a few hours (so i know how good it is) but then i can't access anymore HC3 interface and rebooting leads to restauration without any idea of why.

Main insights may are:

* I'm running the latest version (xxxx37)... can't consult, it's restoring ...

* I can't install your latest code from the 30/08... codes looks empty in QA. Have to use the one of the 16/08 and then update it through QA

* I'm using 2 hue bridges

* Managing ~60 lights (colored and white)

When implementing and running, can see that updating the 60 lights takes time and run a lot of code. This is slowing all other QA (related to move detection for instance, where reaction is delayed by 2 or 3 seconds).

When people lighting on or off, updates requires significant process and slow all.

My first concern at the moment is having the HC3 running, which not look that obvious presently,

second one would be to use your QA ... that's so cool :)

have any idea of what is going wrong?

to big volume of lights?

Thanks in advance for your return :)

br

Mathias

Edited by Mateo

@Mateo

you need to have HC3 version  5.040 GA or above

I have 4 full hue bridges :) and it works :) - of course in case of changing state of all lights in one time there will be significant impact on overall load of your HC3.

How to decrease load of HC3:

- create groups of lights in your hue bridges and use these groups in HC3 (create QAs for these groups instead of QAs for every bulb) - for creating more complex groups there is app iConnectHue for Apple devices

- you should not create QA for every seperate bulb in HC3

Edited by petrkl12
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

@Mateo

you need to have HC3 version  5.040 GA or above

I have 4 full hue bridges :) and it works :) - of course in case of changing state of all lights in one time there will be significant impact on overall load of your HC3.

How to decrease load of HC3:

- create groups of lights in your hue bridges and use these groups in HC3 (create QAs for these groups instead of QAs for every bulb) - for creating more complex groups there is app iConnectHue for Apple devices

- you should not create QA for every seperate bulb in HC3

Thanks for the advice @petrkl12:)

indeed, i do have installed on 5.0.33 or so if i well remember. 5.04037 being unstable for me until now and waiting for a new one :(

You think it may come from here?

That's great knowing it works for 4 bridges :) and keep your recommandation no implementing each separted bulb :) but was that nice seing light getting updated one by one ... you did a great job.

i will use groups only then.

Regarding the issue i'm now in (keep trying to restore since this morning with image A and B that are not working), do you know if i will be able to restore my backups once HC3 reset to factory setting ? 

or does it exist a solution to restore a version C (older) of a backup ?

in the situation i'm, i can't access anymore to anything from HC3 :)

thanks again for all

br

mathias

5.040 has different support of QAs (there is possible to have more files inside of QA). You should use newest version.

In previous versions I have sometimes problems with restoring of backups :(

Just now, petrkl12 said:

5.040 has different support of QAs (there is possible to have more files inside of QA). You should use newest version.

In previous versions I have sometimes problems with restoring of backups :(

thanks @petrkl12

for the moment still struggling to have a HC3 running.

can't restore anything, nor latest version, nor previous one.

if i factory reset, do you think i will be then able to restore cloud backups?

cloud backups - I was using only local backup for restoring, I don't have any experience with restoring from cloud ...

1 minute ago, petrkl12 said:

cloud backups - I was using only local backup for restoring, I don't have any experience with restoring from cloud ...

i know

definitively my fault not having a local one :( never again :(

will try then :)

will tell you !

no other way whatever.... totally stucked...

I can help also 

Testing and translation to dutch 

Fibaro installer

Edited by Webster

On 9/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mateo said:

i know

definitively my fault not having a local one :( never again :(

will try then :)

will tell you !

no other way whatever.... totally stucked...

please tell if you managed to get it working... 

I have ticket open, but no answer from support yet...

13 hours ago, Webster said:

I can help also 

Testing and translation to dutch 

Fibaro installer

Thanks for your offer. Dutch is translated.

btw.

There is new topic where will be all information about QA for Hue