Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Device history overview

fervefdsv

Question

Hello, is there some place in HC3 where I can see history of a device - i.e. daily kWh, or when the device was on/off, etc. The /app/history is nice, but more like a log dump. I can't filter only one device or see some nice summary (i.e. for the kWh).

11 answers to this question

in configuration -> advanced device only right now, we are working on classical energy panel on phone

• Inquirer
  • On 4/11/2020 at 10:53 AM, A.Socha said:

in configuration -> advanced device only right now, we are working on classical energy panel on phone

OK, that would be nice. Maybe also extending the export options. I checked the General > Data Export and the resulting csv file, sadly, contains only W and not kWh, which, for a long term monitoring, is more interesting.

Hello @A.SochaIs it possible to access the history of a specific device via a HTTP request? And maybe get the response in JSON? I could not find a way to do this in the documentation.
    I have a POPP weather station and I would like to create a graph of temperatures, pressure etc.

3 hours ago, josjg said:

Hello @A.SochaIs it possible to access the history of a specific device via a HTTP request? And maybe get the response in JSON? I could not find a way to do this in the documentation.
    I have a POPP weather station and I would like to create a graph of temperatures, pressure etc.

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_05/image.png.83bea0b7a2a3a8ccf97947c221d859d3.png" />

@josjg pay attention

POPP meteo station is "sleepy-head" device, particularly when nigth.

I was have a some issues with this meteostation... now not. ? selled.

Thanks for your answers! I was able to dril down into the table to get the barometer values. That should basically get me underway.

Do you know if there is a way to intercept an event when it's fired? In my case that would be a DevicePropertyUpdatedEvent.

1 hour ago, josjg said:

you know if there is a way to intercept an event when it's fired?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_05/image.png.bd94940b0b5f627c8421926955c712cf.png" />

Let me re-phrase my question: Is there a way to intercept the event at the very moment it is fired? Is there a hook into (any, or specifically the DevicePropertyUpdatedEvent ) event that I can use in a Quickapp, the same way as one can hook into (a restricted selection of) events in block and lua scenes?

It would just be a refinement of course, because the easy work-around to create any sort history graph would be to get the event history the way @10der shows at specific intervals.

Jan ( @jgab ) already said about this. No native development instruments to hook events in QA

one way looping in QA and getting and analyzing response from api endpoint “refreshstate”

alas

6 hours ago, 10der said:

Jan ( @jgab ) already said about this. No native development instruments to hook events in QA

one way looping in QA and getting and analyzing response from api endpoint “refreshstate”

alas

Well, you can try this.

Install this QA (Event Watcher) - no need to configure it.

In your other QA that wants to receive device property changed event do this:

Please login or register to see this code.

The EventWatcher QA will call other QAs that have an QuickApp:EVENT function with new events. If there is a comment with the format "--[[ Triggers: ... --]]" it will use the defined json templates to filter the events (in this case we are only interested in events of type device and id 66). If there is no templates, the QA will receive all triggers.

Btw, from an external system you could also poll the HC3 with /api/refreshStates - you get all new events and you filter it yourself with respect to what events you are interested in. 

Edited by jgab

Thanks a lot! I see that I will have a busy weekend and have to learn a lot ?