Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Device icons disappear

knuth

Question

I have both iPhone apps installed, both the old and the new. (personally, I prefer the old). A few days ago, the "Rooms" display in the old app changed appearance: several rooms displayed no icons, as shown in the first screen dump below. All these rooms have icons, as shown by the second screen dump using the new app. Up until now they displayed properly in both apps, now suddenly only in the new one. So what changed in the old app recently?? I changed nothing at my end.

(I haven't double-checked, but it may be that the missing icons are the ones where I have imported custom icons, not found in the standard library)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

10 answers to this question

I had the same. But suddenly the custom icons are back, don’t know why and how.

But I think the latest update of the old app is the issue. Since this update I also can’t receive notifications in the old app, in the new app everything is working fine. But I can’t switch to the new app because it crashes a lot, mostly while using VD’s.

Hope Fibaro will fix the old app ASAP

• Inquirer
  • Knowing that it happens to others as well is a small consolation. Learning that the icons some times miraculously reappear gives me hope. Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, kevin said:

Hope Fibaro will fix the old app ASAP

Yes, indeed!

Hi, same here since a couple of days. 

.... notifications don't work with the old app and work with the new one.

... icons are visible on the old app and not in the new one ? 

Wait and see ... from Fibaro 

• Inquirer
  • 37 minutes ago, Lisandru said:

... icons are visible on the old app and not in the new one ?

For me it is the other way around: Visible in the new app, not in the old one. ?

Does the interactive notification work for you in the new app? 

I just get the simple notification .... thx

• Inquirer
  • @Lisandru , I haven't really figured out how those notifications work in the apps. I do get notifications from scenes to my phone, but don't know whether they are triggered through any of the apps. I guess notifications and their interaction with mobile devices are worth a whole new thread, as this one has the header "Device icons disappear" :-) 

• Inquirer
  • Not for me! As of yesterday all custom icons were still missing on the old app.

And today I get "access denied" on all attempts at remote connection (pc, iPad, iPhone), so further testing will have to wait. Travel restrictions make it difficult to visit the property personally, so it may take a while. Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same problem with lost custom-icons within the old fibaro app. I have solved this by:

• Settings -> choose HC -> Auto-connect Edit -> put your local IP-adress of your HC2 in the IP-field (mine was empty)
    • No need to reïnstall or reconnect
    • I think this only works if you are in the same LAN as your HC2 (but just try and see)

For notifications I'm not sure these steps will solve this as well.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks, @degroeten , I'll try that as soon as I get on the local LAN. Lockdown has been eased as of today, so it will not take long!