Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 to HC3 = Migrate v New Setup - Pros & Cons

BusterB1959

Question

New HC3 on its way: Do I Migrate my HC2 via the transfer process or setup everything from new?

I am sure many people are asking what are the pro's and con#'s of each route:

Migrating Pros - Known:

• Sections, rooms and icons will be migrated 
  • Z-Wave devices assigned to the rooms and their icons
  • parameters of these devices
  • Cameras not created via plugins
  • associations

Migration Con's - Won't be transferred

• Scenes
  • plugins
  • virtual devices
  • cameras via plugins
  • schedules (watering & climate)

Questions:

1. If a device is transferred, does HC3 tell the device to use 500 series communications automatically and will HC2 put the device in secure mode? (All my Heating Controllers (Fibaro Thermostats) are not in secure mode as you cannot upgrade if they are in secure mode
  2. Can I force Secure mode of a device that is transferred or do I have to remove it and re-add it to enable secure mode?
  3. Are my LUA scenes compatible (Cut and Paste [Changing deviceid as needed] from HC2 to HC3)?

What are the other Pro's and Con's people have seen?

Any pit-falls to watch out for?

4 answers to this question

2) you can not force secure mode, it's just transferred. You need to reinclude if you want secure mode. 

3) syntax of hc3 is totally different. You need to re write your Lua scenes. At manuals.fibaro.com there is an section for hc3 Lua

• Inquirer
  • Two weeks in, my findings: V : HC3 = 5.030.45 

I opted for Greenfield site creation.

• Importing of devices went well, with only 1 major issue:
      • Secure/Horsman SSR302 dual boiler controller device is not correctly recognised by HC3 on teh device you get Nan Nan NAn for each of the child devices
      • Zipato RFID , there seems to be no way to programme this - Reported
    • Climate control, great interface but if you call api/rooms/defaultThermostat it gives you the wrong deviceID - Reported to support
    • Many calls have changed so look at Swagger (Icon ({...}) on left of the dashboard) to find device properties.
    • Still issue with updating device firmware on secure devices - Reported to support
    • As reported elsewhere there is an issue making a motion block scene where there is no way to keep alive if repeat breaches via Block Scene
    • The heatzone (Allowing multiple Thermostats to be synced ) is not in the list of QuickApps - Fibaro come on this is a good example of a quickapp you could use
    • QuickApps, these are easy to code and once you get used to them are very useful
      • QuickApps -  cannot be seen in the Mobile App

I have fully transferred my whole installation from HC2 to HC3 in about 3 evenings.

Please with the HC3 overall but they released this too early as a lot of the above should have been removed in Beta Testing and I feel we are paying a lot for a product which is in beta. But, if there is focus from the developers in the next few weeks all of the above and other items i have seen can be quickly remedied. Hopefully :-)

Hello,

I am new in fibaro, and the truth is that starting with the HC3 that is still in beta is costing me a lot of effort.

I have a question, How are you reporting bugs to the development team?  I have found many of them but I do not know how i can report

• Inquirer
  • I send my questions and issues to [email protected]

There is a good team at the end of this who are very responsive, though fixes tend to take time. 

If there is a known fix you will get to know within the response.