Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Devices turning on or off randomly

dannyk

Question

This is the most bizarre behavior I am yet to see.

For the last few days I have led strips, dimmer lights, house bell, fridge, heating elements etc...  a few of these loads that are connected to fibaro devices would turn on or off every few hours, and not all the devices at the same time!!! for example just a few minutes ago the fridge turned off and a dimmer light near my bedroom turned on. This keeps happening all day at various intervals and to various devices. I tried restarting HC2 (ver 4.570) but nothing changed. I didnt change anything on the system prior to this behavior, but upgraded to 5.70 a couple of weeks ago and problems started a few days ago

looking at the events panel is of no use. Not all the devices are associated with scenes, I have various rgbw connected to led strips that are also turning on and off and they have no scenes associated with them.

has anyone run into such problems? any ideas what can be causing this mess?

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, dannyk said:

This is the most bizarre behavior I am yet to see.

For the last few days I have led strips, dimmer lights, house bell, fridge, heating elements etc...  a few of these loads that are connected to fibaro devices would turn on or off every few hours, and not all the devices at the same time!!! for example just a few minutes ago the fridge turned off and a dimmer light near my bedroom turned on. This keeps happening all day at various intervals and to various devices. I tried restarting HC2 (ver 4.570) but nothing changed. I didnt change anything on the system prior to this behavior, but upgraded to 5.70 a couple of weeks ago and problems started a few days ago

looking at the events panel is of no use. Not all the devices are associated with scenes, I have various rgbw connected to led strips that are also turning on and off and they have no scenes associated with them.

has anyone run into such problems? any ideas what can be causing this mess?

Check your rgbw modules. The older ones are famous for their ghost associations. Do a soft reconfiguration and check if you see any strange associations. 

• Inquirer
  • @Comfortica thank you for the pointer... I searched the ghost associations on the forum and got the famous thread "phantom menace" where it is all discussed. I checked my 5 RGBW and found associations in all of them that I did not make. It drove me nuts for over 2 weeks... lights, heating, fridge, bells you name it, I thought my HC2 was hacked  I had no idea where to troubleshoot until I read this phantom menace. Now all is well.

I think Fibaro as a products is cool but I will always remain a small niche player given their long history of buggy products and virtually no support. oh well.

thanks again.

29 minutes ago, dannyk said:

I think Fibaro as a products is cool but I will always remain a small niche player given their long history of buggy products and virtually no support.

They actually solved this bug, or rather "circumvented it" on firmware 2.7, so make sure you have that version, soft reconfigure and set the parameter to send reports to disable, that is

Parameter 49 Associations
    This parameter allows to disable sending associations to other devices.

I have three of them and had no issues after installing that firmware version.