Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart implant

gedein1785

Question

Hi ,

Anybody that could clarify/help on  following 

my current config config : HC2  fw 4.580

univ sensor with 2 inputs detected; a scene is triggered if 1 one the inputs are tripped (works fine) 

5 X fibaro flush switches , 2 inputs managing 3 lights ;  a scene manages these and other lights

2 ea fibaro flush dimmers , working in association 

2 flush dimmers working autonomous 

1 smoke sensor fibaro; based on other comments i don't dare to put in the network 

1 additional smoke semsor POPP 4001 : works perfect ; one can command the sirene and is a part of a scene

now : I want to add a "smart implant " to detect a trigger from an alarm panel ,

Purpose is to sound the POPP sirene ( see above) when fire or smoke is detected .

The alarm panel sends its output using OC outputs ; Vcc is 12v; configuration set to "N.O" (i can change)

Smart Implant has a Vcc of 12V

configuration of Smart Implant:

input 2: Binary sensor, smoke alarm. active when NO ( see above)

incident becoming a problem:

whatever the output of the alarmpanel is (0v or 12V ) the value notified at the Smart Implant stays "0" ( using a small scene in a loop to retrieve the "value")

Anybody an idea? 

Is the 12V at IN2 too high and sets the read value to 0 ? ( see other posts on the input used as analog input) 

Or is the Smart implant defective? 

txs

Geert

4 answers to this question

As per manual SmartImplant IN channels support 0-10 V

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_04/image.png.723f0b8880c518b835b88c527ab5274e.png" />

I use for another project where I have two system with different level of logical voltage the optical separator, like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gedein1785 said:

whatever the output of the alarmpanel is (0v or 12V )

Did you measure that with a multimeter or are you just guessing? I think it is not "pulling up" to 12 V (you said it is an "OC" output) - so it stays at 0V.

I don't own a Smart Implant but according to the manual you can enable a pull-up on IN2 by setting a parameter:

21. Input 2 - operating mode

Available values:
0 – Normally closed alarm input (Notification CC)
1 – Normally open alarm input (Notification CC)
2 – Monostable button (Central Scene CC)
3 – Bistable button (Central Scene CC)
4 – Analog input without internal pull-up (Sensor Multilevel CC)
5 – Analog input with internal pull-up (Sensor Multilevel CC)

So try Setting that to 5.

I don't know of it pulls up in digital mode, but you could try a 10k resistor between IN2 and +12V. If it still reads 0, try to "poll" it (HC2 Device settings). If it stays at 0 it is probably broken.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the reaction, guys.

In the mean time, i digged deeper into it.

And happy to share some of my findings. ( and the solution...) 

On the guessing about the voltage...?. ( Being  engineer,  am not in the guessing business. Like they say in Dutch - Peter will understand- "meten is weten" [ Measuring is knowing]) 

I measured it with a VM. Output of the open collector was 0.64V .

Still the IN of the Smart Implant (SI) showed "0" ( the circuit monitored is N.O.). Normal logic in electronics would show this as "1" , isn't it ?

Well, I brutally shortcircuited it GND, Then and only then IN of the SI showed "1"

Suspecting the input being a comparator ( against a set voltage level) I played around with the voltage level ( with  and without pull up and pull down resistors) . That did not give the results I hoped for ( unless we play around with measured voltage levels , but that is another value-register to retrieve.

So based on my findings that a only a shortcircuit to ground ( ie low ohm ) made the case . I used a circuit setup using HP HSSR-8200. ( a solid state relay)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_04/image.png.613270d1b0af372bb4995ca16cdab5e6.png" />

Why ?

Based on the experience that a VCE of saturated open collector delivers 0.64V,  not low enough ( it has a resistance equivalent over 50ohm) to make it a logic "1" in NO applications. I looked for relay contacts

It worked...

the schematics used is similar of what drboss presented ; the output stage is replaced with above HSSR

Conclusion from my side: only relay contacts with low ohmic contact to ground will do the job. ( Open Collectort outputs, well ... to be confirmed) 

In fact the drawings given by Fibaro should be a hint;

they always show some sort of switch :

image.png.ba7a0cb81d45510185d3671a66c05637.png

so

solved!!!

thanks for the reaction , you gave 

kr

Geert

• Thanks 1