Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Link with a User, not a SuperUser

Guest RickardD

Question

Guest RickardD

Hi all

I have no problem likning Google Home with my SuperUser account in HC2, so everything workshop fine with the SuperUser account.

What I would like to do is link Oogle Home to HC2 with a User instead. 
The reson for this is that I have wallplugs for energymetering (freezer for example) and I dont want them to show up in Google Home. 
With a User account I can limit the devices the User has access to, in my test a wallplug controlling my coffee maker.

So, I have cerated a User, assigned a wallplug for access, created a Fibaro ID with the same mail and username and shared my HC2.

i can successfully remotecontroll my HC2 and correctly the only Device I see is one wallplug.

When I try to link Fibaro Smart Home I can successfully login and get ”FIBARO Smart Home have been linked” and then a coupe of second later I get ”An eror occured. Try agan”.

Two questions:

1. Have anyone successfully linked Google Home with HC2 with a User (not the SuperUser)?
2. Is it supporten the link with a User?

RickardD

4 answers to this question

same problem, I think this is bug on Fibaro side :(

Hello, the same...

We use the fibaro HC3 and we would like to link one of the users ( with its own fibaro ID ) to the google home.

Reason : The HC3 controller has many vital functions ... like heating, controling the safety ( locks ) or watering the garden. By including the superuser (admin) in google home, all devices are available and with 100+ devices its a lot. Then imagine that google home interprets the sentence wrong and shuts down the heating wall plug or something. 

So we would like to have an account, witch can be linked to google home but allow google to control only specific devices. Basicaly an user account with its own fibaro ID to be able to link to google home. Could someone from Fibaro make a statement to this ?

• Like 1

Here I am, same problem.
I have a somewhat particular configuration... after a thousand searches I was able to find a Yubii Home gateway which is basically a Fibaro Home Lite 3 plus the management of Nice radio devices at 433 and 868 MHz and I managed to "home automation" of my 11 shutters with which, using a Nice remote control, I open and close through 11 Nice TT2N control units.
The Yubii app for Android is not bad, on the contrary, but I connected like you to Google Home via the Fibaro superuser account and everything is ok, while the user account I created for my partner is already in the pairing phase.
I noticed something even worse: I made her become admin and in any case she went into error... while it works with my account which is admin from the beginning, the account that is created in the first configuration in short.
I have been going crazy for days thinking it was a problem with her Google assistant, while now I read this thread and I feel like cursing in ancient Aramaic sincerely... ;)
I add another thing: I linked Fibaro to GH with my admin account, everything ok, ONLY she makes me use the scenes correctly (she says she doesn't understand...) while both manage the devices individually directly... that I know how to raise a single shutter or all those in a room and so on...
But do the Fibaro developers check this forum?
It seems to me that this thread is old...
Or can tickets be opened?
Thank you all... ;)