Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Native support of ZigBee ?

olafkatzer

Question

I am so regretful  to buy HC3 nothing works except limited Z-Wave device, even I cannot transfer my scenes  my HC2 is working ok than HC3, why they are selling this devices while it is not complete, Just planning to say good buy to Fibaro, this company is very lazy  

• Like 2

I have to say still:

- no zigbee support or transparent info on when such support would be added .

Covid for IT world means more work done and not interruption of anything.

- The VOIP not working 

These are functionalities which should be there and working already.

I do not think HC 3 is rubbish. With the exception of some low quality topics in the software the HC 3 is ok.

Still dear Fibaro when do you plan to deliver to your customers working functionality for which they have paid?

I am a Fibaro HCL user. I started with this gateway as it was cheaper than HC2 and I was still testing the waters to see if I commit to Fibaro or other smart homes gateways.

As background information about me, I am a software developer with network administration experience. So learning LUA is not a issue for me, and I was actually glad Fibaro has the option to program it and allowed that level of customisation. (Surprise HCL doesn't allow LUA)

Unfortunately right from start I had multiple issues with the Fibaro eco-system. Starting with range issues, but more specifically with the software. Both the web interface and the mobile app we're very bad. At the time there we're two mobile applications from Fibaro both bad, but actually the new one was worse. The most annoying problem was the long time to the app took to connect to the gateway. I would arrive at my home and would sit 30-60 seconds until the app started so I could de-activate the alarm. I contacted Fibaro support and got in touch and granted them remote access to my HCL but never heard from them again, and of course the problem was not fixed. Until then I contacted Fibaro support multiple times and they never we're able to help.

Fast forward about 1 year and they "merge" with Yubi and release their app. Finally the app works better!!!

They also released the HC3, which when I saw it I drooled. It was right on their presentation page: z-wave, z-wave+, zigbee, ble and wifi support. Finally a gateway that can be used to unite all smart home products under one roof.

I didn't buy at the time, as I was testing other gateways but I planned to buy it when I renovate the house.

Well, it's been about 2 years so I wanted to buy it, now the Fibaro HC3 page doesn't mention ZigBee anymore, and I come to this forum and see people complaining about it 2 years later. I don't understand how this company wasn't sued and held liable for miss-information, lying and for treating their customers like trash.  I don't understand how this could be postponed due to COVID. Developers can work from home, and even if it was delayed why is no date provided when this would be implemented? This is a very big red flag. Every software company has a deadline planned for projects, even if the deadline gets postponed there should still be a informative date. The fact that Fibaro doesn't release a date for it could mean 2 facts: They will not implement it and trying to delay the inevitable. Their company structure and IT department is in chaos.

PRO:

After testing multiple smart gateways. Fibaro is still the most promising one, because of the lavel of customisation and automations you are allowed to do.

The new Yubii app works ok from what I tested so far. FINALLY! (Can't express how happy I am about this)

If HC3 holds it's promise and adds ZigBee it would be the best gateway to unify smart products.

CONS:

1. At least with the HCL the system is unreliable and is dangerous when you relay on it for security, alarm, smoke sensor due to automations not triggering in key import moments.

2. At least HCL, had web interface issues, either with automations, setting/changing device parameters or with certain parts of the web interface like the paid SMS functionality.

2. The fact that it doesn't offer a SMS slot for 3G/4G/5G internet is another minus, as you can not relay on it for security reasons.

3. No internal battery. Again you can not relay on it for security purposes.

4. No ZigBee support yet although it was promised.

5. Bad support and treats customers like trash.

6. Google Home integration not working. (Tested last time ~6months ago on iOS) When you try to connect Google Home with Fibaro it fails during the process and the devices are not imported into Google Home.

However #2-3 can be solved by a external UPS and a separate SMS gateway and automize message sending through LUA.( Which I plan to do)

This company was/is so promising but they always disappoint. I hope someone from Fibaro is looking here and takes this serious and plan to do something in the future.

They should invest more into their software developers and not just their product hardware and design. 

@SmartHomeEddy@tinman not sure why you are defending Fibaro. @VedranSis right, they advertised ZigBee and after a long period later they failed to deliver. It's false advertising. 

Edited by spreadzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am really surprised by your reasoning as to why ZigBee had to be in the HC3 for certification @tinman and your support for them in general on areas where they obviate their promises.

There is no getting away from the fact that Fibaro misrepresented their product / intentions and hence misled their customers. They’ve always behaved this way to everyone… on almost everything.   They are an under resourced company in software development and have appalling loyalty to their customers. The hardware is potentially great

Edited by xAPPO
  • Thanks 1

HC3 Swagger in latest beta 5.091 :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At least fibaro could extend warranty for hc3, when they make funkcional product than 2 years warranty. I submited complain to 

Please login or register to see this link.

and the 

against fibaro. Hope they will sanction them . Its a fraud 

I urge users to submit complain too, let them be fined. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Putting zigbee hardware on board the HC3 was a smart move...makes it much more future proof.

Understand your frustrations, home automation is a technology moving very fast, unfair to expect Fibaro to create loads of new features all at once.

Well they shouldn't release product if its not ready . Constumers were under impression that everythings works. But really, nothing works

• Like 3

Don’t be silly @VedranS On the release of the HC3 there was a lot of info on the forum. Everyone was able to inform himself. I knew what I was going in to. You could too. 

If nothing works, what are all those HC3 users doing at home with their HC3. Get up your act, if nothing works on your HC3. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Well considering questions on forum. They are asking for solutions and workaround to have their product working. 

I bought hc3 because they said it works. And you cant view some topics in fobum if you dont have fibaro id

• Like 4

You seem to defend fibaro a lot? Are you in fibaro company? Btw not everyone have intention to learn lua, i have firm that is not in IT branch. From your posts it seems you are a littke bit cocky with your knowledge.  I dont have time to learn programming language which is basicly dead. Even if i do its not going to be lua. 

I just checked the online manual for hc3, there is no mention of zigbee, just zwave and wifi connectivity.

But LUA is mentioned several times, complete with links to programming guides.

If you aren't happy with your HC3 then sell it on eBay, and take your negativity elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well, let me point out to you, this is manual which came in box with hc3. I dont know. Maybe you can research some more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@VedranS i think i explained couple of times already (use search) why the other protocols are in the manual, so i make it short ->simply fact - they have to, or Fibaro would never pass EMC tests. That means, the hardware need to be able to send/receive all the protocols during the certification process. Of course all the technology/frequency used in the product must be in the manual as well. That's all - everything else got postponed due to covid (as mentioned by Fibaro multiple times here in forum and social media).

@VedranS you don't have to learn anything, if lua it's too stupid / dead for you, or you are too stupid or too lazy to learn - ask certified installer in your country -

or directly Fibaro to get some support

The HC3 can be configured / "programmed" / maintained by avarage joe, but that joe still need to do something (i'm Fibaro trainer, and pretty sure even my cats could learn how to configure HC3) - or to ask certified installer to get professional help. Yes, you might ask here in forum, but i don't think someone would spend time with you, simply because - as you said - you have no idea about and don't want to spend time. As already mentioned, Fibaro is prepared for such situation as well, with large certified installers network (you might ask NICE installers as well, lot of them got already Fibaro certification, not all are already listed on website -> 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3