Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Native support of ZigBee ?

olafkatzer

Question

I have to absolutely agree with Mr Vedran here and you should perhaps really check whether it is fraud if it is mentioned in the description and does not work! I am a private user and have a Schwaiger Home Gateway which looks like a lightbulb, but it works, is also reasonably understandable for private users, supported by zwave and ZigBee. Also sensors and actuators from Fibaro :-)! It is also cheaper! I also have a Fibaro HC 2 in operation, it works in the Z Wave area and I can handle it. The HC 3 is a catastrophe that starts with the web interface. My language is German and this is apparently LUA German auweia if you can then see what the device costs ... I'll deal with the Lidl controller next. Price 20 euros only supports ZigBee. I'm curious, as already mentioned, I'm a small private user!

Ich muss Herrn VedranS hier absolut zustimmen und Sie sollten vielleicht wirklich prüfen, ob es sich um Betrug handelt, wenn er in der Beschreibung erwähnt wird und nicht funktioniert! Ich bin ein privater Benutzer und habe ein Schwaiger Home Gateway, das wie eine Glühbirne aussieht, aber funktioniert. Es ist auch für private Benutzer einigermaßen verständlich, unterstützt von zwave und ZigBee. Auch Sensoren und Aktoren von Fibaro :-)! Es ist auch billiger! Ich habe auch einen Fibaro HC 2 in Betrieb, er funktioniert im Z Wave-Bereich und ich kann damit umgehen. Der HC 3 ist eine Katastrophe, die mit dem Webinterface beginnt. Meine Sprache ist Deutsch und dies ist anscheinend LUA Deutsch auweia, wenn Sie dann sehen können, was das Gerät kostet ... Ich werde mich als nächstes mit dem Lidl-Controller befassen. Preis 20 Euro unterstützt nur ZigBee. Ich bin neugierig, wie bereits erwähnt, ich bin ein kleiner privater Benutzer!

Edited by PrivatHome
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

If you like the Schwaiger Home Gateway, get rid of the Fibaro gateway and use the Schwaiger. 

for what purpose your mesaage?

I gave more than 20 devices ZigBee

now all devices living on z2m.

so I have about 20 QA with ZigBee mirroring devices

and this pic

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ahh! dear Eddy, i can catch you idea. 

all HC3 users  must suffer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 10der said:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

actually you have 49%

Please login or register to see this link.

@SmartHomeEddy ; @10der

Hey, I am a private user with the little hobby Gateways and only report on my experience. My devices including MY rating technology / price included: Razzberry (satisfactory) Schwaiger (good) Fibaro HC 2 (good) Fibaro HC3 (poor!). As you can see Schwaiger and HC2! (therefore also in the forum here) GOOD! I have these two permanently in operation. HC 3 therefore poor: playful, poorly translated web interface! No self-explanatory function difficult to understand for first-time users! The functions are not included as described (Zigbee .. no one knows if it will ever work!). Price too high! I will test my LIDL controller for the next 3 weeks. Package (socket strip; 3 sockets; 2 motion detector controllers Price: 90 €). Will report only if desired! Otherwise I will only watch the Fbaro HC3 here and then continue to use it or sell it in 2021 (if that still works). You can only know how and if something works if you try it!

15 hours ago, PrivatHome said:

Schwaiger

the last version i tested (year ago or so) was without devices backup, useless for any serious use, so i threw it into trash. How is it now?

@tinman wrote:the last version i tested (year ago or so) was without devices backup, useless for any serious use, so i threw it into trash. How is it now?

I have been using the system for a year and a half without a complete breakdown. There were small individual failures which were not worth mentioning and which were actually more due to my network. The following are in operation: 3 Fibaro multi-sensors; Popp outdoor siren; 3 Popp external sockets; 5 inside sockets 2Fibaro 2Schwaiger 1Lidl Connect; 2 PIR detectors Schwaiger; 2 door contacts Schwaiger; 1 indoor camera PTZ (integrated without frills settings / adjustments / Lua or scripts because I can't do that, private man, stop).
So now to the question: I do not know whether a backup is possible, but I wrote to the support whether it is possible. In the meantime it makes perfect sense with the many components, you're right! But I don't need to throw the system away, not yet, because it works. I will report when I have an answer.
Also, do not forget my concern here in the forum is: ZIGBEE with the HC3, which is possible according to the instructions, in reality not! The bad thing is nobody can say if and when ??? :-(
I'm not giving up anytime soon, because I still hope that a solution will come about for such an expensive device! Throw away, NO! Sell, NOT YET! FIBARO please, when and how will it work.

Edited by PrivatHome
double text..

5 hours ago, PrivatHome said:

FIBARO please, when and how will it work

Emotional post. But zigbee as I know postponed and no date for publish.

i am asking @A.Sochapass all data from zigbee devices as is to QA but it’s also was dead in the water 

...now I understand what mirroring zigbee devices as QA is not a good idea cuz it’s eat memory. Too much.

so, I have remove all QA devices with zigbee and MQTT and create flows in NODE-RED

so now I can’t natively create scenes or provide native alerts for or hook alerts event from zigbee devices.

it’s really pain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PrivatHome said:

There is a web interface and you can do a backup. I did that and it worked, see attachment / jpeg.

and now try to reset Schwaiger to default and restore that backup, or try to restore it to replacement Schwaiger ... it is not the question about backup, but about how the backup can be restored, what will get restored (zwave, zigbee data, or simply settings like on another one german gateway) and if one can migrate if the gateway fails. This was not possible as i tested, so it was for me electronic waste worth. I hope Schwaiger fixed it, feel free to test (or ask support if you anyway in contact with them).

35 minutes ago, PrivatHome said:

ASK FOR ANSWER ON THE SUBJECT! HC3 ZIGBEE....

RELAX! DO NOT CREAMING HERE!

accordning to information from FIBARO developers, FIBARO make a some improvements in ZWAVE stack.

So, for ZigBee we should forget,  until at least the end of 202x y :) 

• Like 1

@PrivatHome sry but you started discussion how great Schwaiger works, which is more or less recomendation to other users here. From my professional point of view, is no go to recommend something if you don't know the product. Smart Home installation costs lot of time and money, gateway nothing in compare to that (unless you have 5 devices or so). Proper backup and data restore on same or new device is definitely what save time, money and reduce frustration.

If you have no idea how to use lua - learn it or ask certified installers in your country, or Fibaro (more.fibaro.com)

If you don't get how to use HC2/HC3 - join training

If you don't like how the BUI looks like - create your own smart home company and make your own BUI

If you don't like app - use home remote desiogner and create your own view

If you recommend something - ensure you checked it in detail, not just "works"

and finally .. relax or replace your keyboard ^^

• Like 6

@ 10der; @Tinman

OK, so you have to study LUA and ask how it works. Or take a course ... Does this mean that the HC3 is not made for simple, normal users who want to switch a few sockets want to control an alarm system via motion sensors or want to monitor temperatures or smoke detectors? Thought that is the point of a smart home system? Why can nobody here answer the question correctly. When and how will the ZIGBEE function be available for the HC3 premium model? Not 2 ... but with the date or maybe also the project, whatever.
I'm starting to think that it won't work anymore, then I bought a premium product that doesn't work according to the manufacturer's instructions! As VedranS has already written here. He may have given up already.

@VedranS, are you still here in the forum?

• Like 1

Guest kallecux

Relax and ask fibaro - this is a forum for enduser - we are not the product-developer.

Greetings!

Karl Heinz 

Yeah , still here but i dont use fibaro anymore. I migrated to smartthings , still have hc3  but i dont use it anymore. Maybe in a year or two

If fibaro will still be alive on market

yes. fibaro gateway is not easy.

If you want 100% performance, 

you should be developer or request to installer.

Anyway, smartthings is easy, but it can not perform powerful automation. 

I want performance which i paid for, ita not about being easy or hard. Fibaro simply dont have enough users or developers. And they are making it worse with *abuse* they put out. Anyway i am done with fibaro. Maybe i find another sucker to sell hc3

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VedranS said:

If they dont make changes in development they will be overrun soon. 

That is absolutely right ! Will disconnect my HC3! Maybe contact FIBARO again directly ...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rangee said:

yes. fibaro gateway is not easy.

If you want 100% performance, 

you should be developer or request to installer.

Anyway, smartthings is easy, but it can not perform powerful automation. 

I don't need a "powerful device", expensive device if it doesn't work as advertised.

HC3 = NO 100% performance for me! A small private user ... Apparently not intended for simple small users ...

• Like 1

Yeah i am conviced hc3 is rubbish, and only one who needs to be sued is fibaro. and i meant to abnother sucker like me who bought that *abuse* in a first place.  Clearly i am not only one who thinks that way, you and maybe 2, 3 other people on this forum doesn agree with problem fubaro has. Maybe you are milking money from it. I dont see any logical reason to defend fibaro for being *abuse* firm.

• Like 2