Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Native support of ZigBee ?

olafkatzer

Question

I had no clue that my comment would start such passioned discussions.

Still facts on NICE - FIBARO 1 year later after starting the topic still no zigbee and no voip working for HC3.

Edited by vifefref45

13 hours ago, vifefref45 said:

I had no clue that my comment would start such passioned discussions.

the guy who said "hmm maybe we could make A bomb with that" thought the same ... 

Still facts on NICE - FIBARO 1 year later after starting the topic still no zigbee

is under test right now, if i could say something public, i would say "it works", afaik Q1 2022 public beta with zigbee will be available.

and no voip working for HC3.

i think you missed the release notes, and yes, it does works now

Edited by tinman
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tinman said:

i think you missed the release notes, and yes, it does works now

maybie you can give me hint as configuration with linphone on android did not work for me

10x

Edited by vifefref45

40 minutes ago, vifefref45 said:

maybie you can give me hint as configuration with linphone on android did not work for me

10x

here some example settings

added right now linphone settings (iphone)

1 hour ago, Martin Windsmose said:

All I want for Christmas is Zigbee ;-) 

you bought HC3 to suffer! :)

HC3 hardware is ready to support zigbee but "software support will be added in the future... "

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 5/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, michal85pl said:

HC3 hardware is ready to support zigbee but "software support will be added in the future... "

typically Fibaro and what is the meaning of "in the future". What is then the benefit of HC3 at the moment. My old HC2 is running very well, but I want to get rid of the hue bridge.

This is ridiculous. Are there any informations about the implementation of Zigbee? I have a lot of Zigbee device that need to be supported and cannot be implemented over light bridges like hue or tradfri

• Like 1

Fibaro sell the HC3 but it’s not ready yet. It is a semi finish product for high price, it is a joke... 

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nadtom said:

Fibaro sell the HC3 but it’s not ready yet. It is a semi finish product for high price, it is a joke... 

Agree!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrivatHome said:

I am a private user and have a Schwaiger Home Gateway which looks like a lightbulb, but it works, is also reasonably understandable for private users, supported by zwave and ZigBee.

If you like the Schwaiger Home Gateway, get rid of the Fibaro gateway and use the Schwaiger. 

@tinman

Hello, I have already received an answer from Schwaiger support. There is a web interface and you can do a backup. I did that and it worked, see attachment / jpeg.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@Tinman wrote and now try to reset Schwaiger to its defaults and restore the backup or try to restore to replace Schwaiger ...

I didn't try that. I made a backup, yes. I haven't done a restore. Never change a running system! That is also a principle that works. I've kept this up with my HC2 as well. When after a while I read the new publication that it is possible to migrate the HC2 to the HC3 and what efforts go into it ... It is not possible and that is incomprehensible to me when you migrate HC2 to HC3, vice versa. HC3 on HC2 too! By development and compatibility I mean something else. Something like that would have been unthinkable in my development department, where I worked (not in this industry)! For the HC 3, I integrated a few sensors and actuators, because this expensive device does not work as I imagine it! My Homeforyou "lightbulb" works and I will only restore it if it doesn't work! If this is not possible then I have to reintegrate all sensors and actuators, but that's not bad because it works without "Lua; Bua ... without script" for the user as he needs it! But why am I actually here ... WHAT ABOUT ZIGBEE, HOW AND WHEN DOES IT WORK WITH THE HC3 ??? Do I have to try to sell the device, if so, at what price? Or do I have to throw away the BIG BOX?

ASK FOR ANSWER ON THE SUBJECT! HC3 ZIGBEE....

3 hours ago, VedranS said:

Maybe i find another sucker to sell hc3

if you are convinced the HC3 is rubbish, and you try to sell rubbish to “another sucker”, they can file a lawsuit against you. There are people on this forum who know how that works ?. And someone selling something that is rubbish is a jerk. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Stef4321 said:

I asked and this is the response

Due to COVID-19 Zigbee implementation had to be postponed - my sincerest apologies for that, however we were not provided any dates

I got a different answer about Zigbee ?

"Due to the higher priority of improving communication with Nice radios, the implementation of Zigbee has been postponed. It's not likely to be available any time soon, I'm very sorry."

Apparently there is also confusion at Fibaro?. But seeing there response it will take a while before we can use Zigbee on a HC3

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, 10der said:

...now I understand what mirroring zigbee devices as QA is not a good idea cuz it’s eat memory. Too much.

so, I have remove all QA devices with zigbee and MQTT and create flows in NODE-RED

You are getting memory issues in MQTT QA’s too ?  I haven’t really seen this and I have around 100+ MQTT devices integrated with HC3 and some of those update frequently - every few seconds.  But just occasionally I do get stalls in processing.

• Thanks 1