Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door sensor cant wake up - someone can give advice?

Inge

Question

Hello all, i have a Fibaro door/window sensor that have been ok for quite a long time...yesterday it stopped to work. It can not update, in "devices" with the Fibaro controller i can see it but "waiting for wakeup". I have opened the sensor and checked the battery, it is 3,55 volt, and i have tried to wake it up manually by pressing the tamper switch - but no. Anyone can give some advice?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

- Hold the tamper switch and press the "B" button.

- If its no solution just replace battery and wake up again.

- soft reconfigure

if all fails:

remove battery hold tamper and press "B " button short both contacts

place battery and try again

Last resort:

exclude and include (I always wait till he includes as door/window sensor) not as motion sensor!

Succes,

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • Thank you, step 1 i have already tried, not help. The tamper sw under is pressed, because the sensor is mounted. But pressing the tamper switch on the side dont help, and soft reconfig not help. Before in the web configuration, it said waiting for wakeup - now the message changed to "Not Configured"...not sure why. I will try from step 2 and see what happens, and i can of course replace the battery with a new one to be sure. Last step will be to exclude and include, i will try. Thank you :-)

• Inquirer
  • Thank you, step 1 i have already tried, not help. The tamper sw under is pressed, because the sensor is mounted. But pressing the tamper switch on the side dont help, and soft reconfig not help. Before in the web configuration, it said waiting for wakeup - now the message changed to "Not Configured"...not sure why. I will try from step 2 and see what happens, and i can of course replace the battery with a new one to be sure. Last step will be to exclude and include, i will try. Thank you :-)

And, no matter what i did...the sensor was "dead". I bought a new one, and replaced the ole - and all is back to normal...

Did you get it fixed...

I had the same problem... Would wake up.

What I did:

- Set wake up time to 60 sec.

- Replaced battery with a new one, but waited to replace it for 15 sec, after removing the old one.

- After replacing the battery, I looked into the device to see if the wake up time had changed, if not, I removed the battery and inserted it again after 15 sec

- Changed one thing in the settings (eg LED on / off) and saved

- Waited for it to update and then set it back

I had 8 of my sensors just waiting indefinitely to wake up. In the setting, under configuration, it said, “waiting to synchronise” in red (or something like that. As if there was a mismatch between sensor settings and the Home Center 2. After this, everything works perfect. All changes are sent to the device, at each wake up.

PS, after this, I set the wake up time back to standard and replaced the battery back to the old one.