Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Is it OK for Double Switch 2  to loose power on a regular base?

Kef

Question

Hi everyone,

Could you please tell will it be OK for Double Switch 2 loose power on a regular base?

I mean to put it in between a main switch and a load.

So it is going to loose and get the power several times a day, will it be OK?

Edited by Kef

3 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Kef said:

Hi everyone,

Could you please tell will it be OK for Double Switch 2 loose power on a regular base?

I mean to put it in between a main switch and a load.

So it is going to loose and get the power several times a day, will it be OK?

If you mean if it can tolerate to loose power, the yes. The problem is that it might not be re-included in the Fibaro Homecenter again but seen as "away". You will probably need to manual wake it up again.

• Inquirer
  • @Thomasn  Hi! Thank you for your answer. Well.. the risk not be re-included looks like a blocker for me cause I planned to put the relay at the celling in between the manual switch and the lamp. I miss two lines -- unfortunately put only one and the light system supports three.. So you see this is a real risk to put the relay at the celling without connection to the control button, right?

Edited by Kef

Hello @Kef.  I have many of these Double Switch 2 units and, unfortunately, in my area there are occasionally power failures - meaning that all switches lose and regain power. 

My 15 switches have lost and regained power about 10 times in the last month.  Based on these 150 data points, I can tell you: no switch has ever failed to reconnect normally to the HC3 controller.  In other words, all switches have always come back into the system as normal, without the need for manual re-inclusion. 

So that might be good news for you. 

On the other hand, there is a small undesirable behaviour:  I have found that when a Double Switch loses and regains power, the controller somehow “forgets” the state of the switch... and scenes which consider the state of the switch as a condition, fail to run.  This problem continues until you manually turn on and off the light, after that the controller knows the state again and all scenes run normally.