Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Easy block scene - i don't get it

person2000

Question

Hi, 

I am a newbie to HC3 and try to get a simple thing running:

Blockscene 1: Pressing S1 light switch (Fibaro Double Switch 2) -> LEDs at the mirror (Fibaro RGBW Controller 1) turn on (this works)

Blockscene 2: Pressing S1 light switch again -> LEDs at the mirror turn off (doesn't work)

The Fibaro Double Switch 2 is configured as momentary switch. When I delete the scenes and create them again, the first created scene works, but the second one doesn't work. 

Can anyone help ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by person2000
reason for edit is given

10 answers to this question

hmm, so if I understand correctly, you have a pulse switch? If this is the case, there is no on or of state, just a pulse. Cant you just set the light to toggle? Then every time you press the state changes.

• Inquirer
  • @okidoki you mean I should set the LED to toggle (as an action resulting from the blockscene) or do you mean I should set the Double Switch 2 to toggle? If the later one, how do I do that? I guess its something with parameters? 

• Inquirer
  • 12 hours ago, okidoki said:

what is the s1? a normal switch?

It is a momentary switch and i have set the parameter 20 accordingly. Switching on scene works perfectly, just doing the same with „off“ doesnt work (the scene itself works but the trigger doesn’t work). Have you got any clue how to solve this?

And if you turn it in manually and than run the turn of script? And vice versa?

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, okidoki said:

And if you turn it in manually and than run the turn of script? And vice versa?

what do you mean with "turn it on manually"? I cannot push a button as there is no manual button connected to the RGBW-Controller, they only receive their signals via Z-Wave. If I push the button of "Garderobe S1" (The double switch 2 which is meant to start the scenes), it successfully starts the "switch LEDs on" scene but it doesn't run the "switch LEDs off" scene, for a reason that I cannot explain...

I think he means, you can set the scene to “manually” and than you can push the run icon of the scene and you can check what the scene does.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • got it @SmartHomeEddy, so I have set the scenes to manually, and all of them still work perfectly if I hit the "run" icon. They work just fine. It's just that the off-scene doesn't get started when I push the double switch 2 @okidoki

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, okidoki said:

Hm, thats weird indeed. I’m afraid i have no sugestions anymore...

ok, thanks for considering