Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3: backup scenes / QAs

10der

1 minute ago, petergebruers said:

I like it. The funny thing though is this: the HC2 had "triggers" as comments at the top of the scene code, then HC3 moves away from this and has separate edit windows for condition and action.

The trouble with JSON is ... it needs special diff tool, it does not work well when using classic text diff/merge. Sorting the keys/values might help, I have never tried. Same issue with Lua tables and key/value stores in other languages, they do not define a fixed order (most people assume by that "insertion order" and some "alphabetical order") by design. After all it does not matter if you say "a=1; b=2;" or "b=2; a=1;" when that text represents k/v pairs.

So , my code goes to the trouble to sort the json keys in a stable order just because of this. issue,

9 minutes ago, jgab said:

So , my code goes to the trouble to sort the json keys in a stable order just because of this. issue,

I noticed, I forgot to mention I looked at your code, I always do - LOL ;) - what I meant to say is "I am not sure if sorting it makes diff-ing more usable". But maybe you know the answer. Do you happen to store the resulting files in a (git) repository? Then you'll now if the text diffs are any good...

Please login or register to see this link.

On 5/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, 

said:

I will test on different platforms ;)

Awesome!

On 5/11/2020 at 11:34 AM, 

said:

no issues on win

Generally speaking "no issues" but that "?" issue is an O/S thing so no language can work around that...

Work as expected on Windows 7>10, OSX 10.13+, Linux and FreeBSD also...

Tested on Mac mini under Sierra (10.13.6):

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Scenes backup do the job

image.png.9f1a0689da1168a5a43994f5ec667396.png

image.png.c38c0503711730b7b429e94d4d2656b1.png

I plan to add an additional file ex: "4-FGKF 601 - Events- [Report] .txt" with basic but useful information: Name, Categories, start mode....

Edited by Krikroff
  • Thanks 2

So, my goal is not backup per se, but to be able to download/edit/upload resources using ZBS.

Now I have backup/download integrated. The flat file format allows for easy upload.

Only supports QuickApps, Scenes, Global variables, CustomEvents, and Locations at the moment (that's what I work with)

I do have some minor issues with restoring QuickApps. Posting to /quickApp/ allows for creating a new QA (new id).

Putting to /devices/ with 

{properties={
            quickAppVariables = <vars>,
            mainFunction = <code>,
            uiCallBacks = <callbacks>,
          }}

allows for modifying an existing QuickApp. But I can't put the whole devices struct, nor add viewLayout. So, if the viewLayout is modified I have to create a new QuickApp - not satisfactory...

Anybody know how to update (keeping the id) with more parts of the device struct?

The code leverage the ZBS plugin to run the commands but the code is included in the fibaroHC3.lua sdk and could be used from within code run in the editor too

(In fact I run the fibaroHC3.lua in a shell from the plugin to carry out the work)

On 5/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, 10der said:

Peter,  with all due respect to you

it's NOT JSON

just proof

It's funny. If it's a block scene the conditions part is a json struct. If it's a lua scene it's a Lua table. That inconsistency bit me when I tried to convert scenes.... ;-)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jgab said:

If it's a block scene the conditions part is a json struct. If it's a lua scene it's a Lua table.

Ah, that explains my confusion. In January I filed a bug <HC3-345 Type of "Conditions" in api/scenes seems inconstent>. I couldn't quite see at that time why my json decoder sometimes failed, that happened when it is in fact a Lua table. That bug is still in review. I'll post a link to this explanation.

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2020 at 6:37 PM, Krikroff said:

Work as expected on Windows 7>10, OSX 10.13+, Linux and FreeBSD also...

Tested on Mac mini under Sierra (10.13.6):

Scenes backup do the job

I plan to add an additional file ex: "4-FGKF 601 - Events- [Report] .txt" with basic but useful information: Name, Categories, start mode....

When can we use it?

• 6 months later...

hc.ini 

Please login or register to see this code.

python. hc3_script_backup_new.py