Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[solved] SmartImplant & UBS randomly not reporting state change

RiccardoCanetta

Question

Hi,

I have one Smart Implant and one UBS powered by the same 12V/800mA supply. They are configured with 4 analog inputs, which also share the same GND:

- SmartImplant: both IN1 and IN2 as NormalClosed (one is a rainsensor, one is a magnetic sensor on the external gate)

- UBS: both IN1 and IN2 as NormalOpen (one is the output of a Foscam Webcam, one is a water flow sensor)

As for ZWave routing: UBS has 3 hops before reaching HC2 while SI has 4 hops

Problem: randomly both sensors do not report a state change (i.e. a breach) and remain in the wrong state until the next state change (i.e. I open gate, it's not shown, I close and open again and this time the sensor is breached)

All other sensors in the house work ok, including another UBS that is close-by... I also went to Devices->Show All and checked that all devices that show up there are actually in use, so no "ghosts" lying around... and I also did "Soft Reconfigure" on both of them a few times.

Any idea of what else I could do to improve things?

Thanks!
Riccardo

PS Fibaro Forum says I am a newbie because my login was reset :-(but I am actually using HC2 since October 2012 and I have 62 devices connected on my main HC2, running 4.580 (did the upgrade last week from 4.560 but the above didn't change)

Edited by RiccardoCanetta

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, RiccardoCanetta said:

Hi,

I have one Smart Implant and one UBS powered by the same 12V/800mA supply. They are configured with 4 analog inputs, which also share the same GND:

Did you leave the second common wire on both devices capped off?

i have had similar freezes on one install and tried plenty to fix the problem

Also do you have different power supply you can try?

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Did you leave the second common wire on both devices capped off?

Hi what do you mean by second common wire (power?) capped off? 

Thanks

R

@RiccardoCanettaThere is a second common blue wire coming off the back off implant next to antenna for use with sensors don't tie this in with your main common connection.

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@RiccardoCanettaThere is a second common blue wire coming off the back off implant next to antenna for use with sensors don't tie this in with your main common connection.

ah ok clear, the other GND you mean - no it's not connected to anything, I only connected P and GND to power adapter and IN1/IN2 respectively to the 2 sensors, with the other connector of each sensor connected to power adapter's GND... I'll try and change the power adapter, let's see...

Thanks!!
    R

• Inquirer
  • Hi, no change after power adapter replacement.. so I ran the great ZWave Monitor script (I don't have a Win laptop for Zniffer...) and saw that the SmartImplant went to dead once in the 6 hours period... but this is strange, it's in the same box as 6 DoubleSwitch Relays and the UBS... anyway I did once more a MeshNetwork Reconfig just for the SI and now it has only 2 hops, let's see if it gets any better...

Any other idea?

Thanks

R

• Inquirer
  • SOLVED! the issue was that I had included the 2 modules away from HC2. So I deleted them, disconnected, powered them near HC2, re-added them, moved back into position. In case of SmartImplant I also had to set parameters 20 and 21 to 0 (by disabling template) because otherwise the analog inputs don't work. Now everything is ok!

Thanks to those who helped!

Riccardo