Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 with Fibaro Bypass and LED G9 2W

Fabian78

Question

Hi,

I've got a led light LED G9 2W together with a Fibaro Dimmer 2 and the Fibaro Bypass.

I don't have the blue (N) wire near the wall switch, so I did the solution as Fibaro also suggest with a two wire connection (connect the SX with the N of the dimmer).

I have installed the bypass before and after the Led bulb in het ceiling.

But this isn't working:

When I turn on the power, the Dimmer is starting the callibration proces.

The LED light in the dimmer is green.

But after the calibration, the light is on, but the wall switch isn't working, and the Fibaro system says it lost connection to the dimmer.

Nothing is working and I can't turn the light off with the wall switch nor in the Fibaro systeem.

I've tried everything.

When I change the LED light with an old, normal light, everything is working fine, the wall switch works and the Fibaro system finds the dimmer again and I can switch it in the system.

What I am doing wrong?

I think the LED has to less power, but I thought I could solve this problem with the bypass.

It isn't possible to use the blue (N) cable, because the cables in the wall are stuck. I've tried to pull an extra cable from the ceiling light unit to the wall switch, but I didn't made it.

6 answers to this question

It may be that there is another issue causing the problem you are experiencing, however from (hard earned) experience I have found that many LED bulbs just do not work with Fibaro Dimmers e.g. don't dim properly, won't turn off, flicker.

I would suggest you buy an assortment of LED bulbs and keep testing until you get one that works. For my kitchen I went through about 6-7 different bulbs before I found one that worked that came close to the specs I wanted.

• Inquirer
  • @amilanov thank you for your answer. I already had 3 nights with frustrating testing :-) Which bulb do you use now?

God knows, let me check for you....

The best bulbs I have ever used were the old/original Philips dimtones. They were huge/tall bulbs, but you can't get them anymore. They are amazing!

I like 25 degree bulbs in most places, so I now mainly use these new Philips dimtones:

Please login or register to see this link.

From memory these worked as well, but they are a lot colder so I only use a couple of them in the house:

If you don't want very warm white I am sure there are many options out there on the market, but I can't help you with those.

Edited by amilanov

Hi, I changed all my dimable light for Phillips Hue color or IKEA white.

No flicker any more.

Succes,

Sjakie

Oops, I made a mistake in my post above. The link was to an incorrect bulb. This is the correct Philips dimtone:

That's what happens when there are so many bulbs you have to buy to get ones that work correctly.