Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 Purchase

Question

Guys, I plan to buy Home Center 3 and I was wondering if the virtual devices written for HC2 are compatible with HC3?

I am interested for the Honeywell Evohome in particular.

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks.

Is there a way to bind the Honeywell Evohome with the HC3?

Personal opinion: DO NOT BUY HC3! At least not yet. For the moment HC3 is full of bugs and is definitely still under construction. Not even 10% of what is advertised is not working and the price is still high even if now is almost 30 - 40% lower than when was first advertised. Here are few examples: zigbee not working, 433 MHz not working, bluetooth not working, IFTT not working. I am sure that as much as I will work with it I will find more problems. Support line is not answering.. As I understand, HC2 is a stable product so go for it at least for the next 2 years until HC3 is becoming a real product. 

I don’t agree. If I should buy a HC now I would buy a HC3. If got both (the HC2 is for sale) and yes, there are unfinished functions with the HC3, but a lot works. I am not waiting for Zigbee or Bluetooth, I don’t believe it will give a lot more functionality. The quickapps are now slowly available. IFTTT works on my HC3. It’s just a matter of time and together put some effort in it. 

I am not acquainted with Evohome. I do see some items on this forum, you are not alone. Maybe someone can make a start with a quickapp or, if available, connect with the API ?

2 hours ago, laurgh said:

Personal opinion: DO NOT BUY HC3! At least not yet. For the moment HC3 is full of bugs and is definitely still under construction. Not even 10% of what is advertised is not working and the price is still high even if now is almost 30 - 40% lower than when was first advertised. Here are few examples: zigbee not working, 433 MHz not working, bluetooth not working, IFTT not working. I am sure that as much as I will work with it I will find more problems. Support line is not answering.. As I understand, HC2 is a stable product so go for it at least for the next 2 years until HC3 is becoming a real product. 

Where do you see the Zigbee, 433MHz and bluetooth ads? This was in the press release stated, but they do not advertise with this. Besides that, I see people with HC2 also having issues with IFTTT. So it seems to be like a cloud issue between both services. 

I have a HC3 running since release, mostly with FIBARO devices. But don't have a lot of issues. 

3 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

It’s just a matter of time and together put some effort in it. 

I totally agree and yes, we all have to put some effort and try to report and fix the issues which are not working. FIBARO has actually to do a lot of work fixing the problems. 

3 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

there are unfinished functions with the HC3, but a lot works. I am not waiting for Zigbee or Bluetooth, I don’t believe it will give a lot more functionality. The quickapps are now slowly available.

I totally agree that are things which are unfinished and are not working. I also agree that are things which are working. I even have nothing against working to improve the functionality of HC3, developing QuickApps (at least FIBARO should come with a decent manual for that). The only problem is that I would like to know about that before I'm buying it. It is true that one of the reasons why I was choosing HC3 instead of HC2 was Zigbe, Bluetooth and 433 MHz as I have different hubs for each protocol (is good to have one for all) but this is my personal problem. I'm even sure that this will work at some point, but again, "I would like to know it before buying!", nothing else. 

4 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

IFTTT works on my HC3

Seems that sometime is working sometime not. Seems that I am not the only one which have problems with it: 

Probably it will work at some point.

2 hours ago, pnutp0wer said:

Where do you see the Zigbee, 433MHz and bluetooth ads?

Quick start guide - page 13.  Usually before I'm buying such a product I am doing some research and I am trying to collect as much information as I can. Unfortunately this time I failed... I did not made my research completely... :)))

Bottom line: I've just expressed my personal opinion about buying an HC3 and I am sharing my experience about it with other personal buyers. At least they will know now what to expect.

Still happy to "struggle" with my HC3

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, laurgh said:

totally agree that are things which are unfinished and are not working. I also agree that are things which are working. I even have nothing against working to improve the functionality of HC3, developing QuickApps (at least FIBARO should come with a decent manual for that

I'm not really into programming, but I don't know if you have found these links, they made documentation with examples about Quick Apps. 

Please login or register to see this link.

16 minutes ago, laurgh said:

Quick start guide - page 13.  Usually before I'm buying such a product I am doing some research and I am trying to collect as much information as I can. Unfortunately this time I failed... I did not made my research completely... :)))

I think it's required to put this information in the manual. I know a manufacturer is required to make at least a short guide with some tech. specs. 

24 minutes ago, laurgh said:

Quick start guide - page 13.  Usually before I'm buying such a product I am doing some research and I am trying to collect as much information as I can. 

actually these are radio specs, which need to be published no matter if the protocol has been already enabled or not. This is part of EMC / CE / UL certification process. Fibaro never* said "it is already available now", they always mentioned "ready for", which is what HC3 is: the Hardware (and Firmware, as you can't get EMC without) is there, the visible implementation (BUI) is not yet there. 

EDIT: *never - well, maybe some marketing/sales ppl misunderstood something, and said something too early or using bad terminology somewhere, no idea

Edited by tinman
    • Like 1

In my opinion:
    - new user? - buy HC3
    - already has HC2? - wait