Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Security alert Fibaro System Suspicious Login Attempts

jbos04

Hi There, 

I received an annoying message everytime for Fibaro Suspicious login attempt and there is not even someone home. 

I have no google account linked to Fibaro and have HC lite with software version 4.560.

Can someone help me to get rid of this annoying message. 

Thank you

7 hours ago, jbos04 said:

Hi There, 

I received an annoying message everytime for Fibaro Suspicious login attempt and there is not even someone home. 

I have no google account linked to Fibaro and have HC lite with software version 4.560.

Can someone help me to get rid of this annoying message. 

Thank you

Hi

I had the same problem, the trick for me was to close port 80 on my router. Port 80 was "forwarding" (all) traffic to my Fibaro HC2. (btw I was not aware that this was not needed to connect from outside the WiFi network (= internet) 

Hope this will solve the problem

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I do have the same issue:

• Everything worked fine
  • I got a recommed password change from fibaro
  • So i did.
  • My app ofcourse asked for the new password
  • Now I get since yesterday evening:
  • Suspicious Login Attempts Prevented

We noticed 5 failed login attempts to your HC2-027929 that seemed suspicious.

• after trying every half an hour
  • it doesn't work at two iphones (from the home IP adress)
  • password is correct (the same I use to logon online via home.fibaro.com)
  • I have had port 80 opened, but closed now (according the tip above)

Anyone any suggestions?

Hi,

I also get that message when I remotely connect to my Home Center from my current worksite over the satellite connection and through Norwegian ground station.

It is a bit slow connection, but I manage to login to Fibaro ID and then to my HC2, check what I have. After logging out I always get this message wondering why?

solved the issue by deleting the HC in the app and clicking on 'new' HC (it remembered my HC settings). I had to reconfigure my widgets though...

• 1 year later...

In my case the warning message states "We noticed 5 failed login attempts to your HC2-qrxyzw that seemed suspicious.
For your security, the following IP address: 127.0.0.1 has been locked for 30 minutes."

However this IP-adress normally doesn't represent an adressable device.
On the LAN to which my HC2 is attached all clients do have IP-addresses do have adresses 192.168.3.xyz.

In order to track down which client is causing this I need the IP-address of the LAN-client alternatively it's MAC-address.

Cheers