Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Buying Fibaro HC3 or HC2?

Tibor

Question

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm quite new on this forum, so "Hi" to everyone.

I'm wondering which Fibaro home center should I buy? HC3 or HC2?

I read many bad things about HC3, is that bad? Or does it work just with a few constraint?

I'll use it just with Fibaro products (at the moment), and I'd do some programming it there are no major issues with it.

My flat is under constructions for more 4 months I think when I can enjoy the advantages of Fibaro smart home products.

I don't know how frequently does Fibaro release software updates, can I use the devices with the HC3?

Is there a WOW factor which makes the HC3 absolutely better than HC2?

Basically I would be interested in your opinion which one should I buy?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,

Tibor

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @SmartHomeEddy, I understood that you are on the HC3 side which is a good choice obviously.

Because of you have both, what is your impression?

Is the HC3 much better than the HC2?

Please tell me more about it, like better user interface or faster or what's the benefit you can get immediately?

Just to simplify my question: Does HC3 work for basic things? Like dimmer module, RGB controller and these things? Or are there any issue?

Edited by Tibor

I don't have HC3, but seems the difference in price is not very big. I would prefer HC3 now.

I see no reason now to learn programming in HC2 and move to HC3 when it's more advanced.

I prefer less functions now to get more later. I can live with half of planned functionalities while at least basic one works. (After over 2 years it still didn't finish my HC2 programming)

For me the HC3 works fine. I use Fibaro motion, door, smoke, flood, humidity, CO sensors, wall switches, dimmers, relais switches, smart implant, bulbs, RGBW switches, cameras, PI monitor. IFTTT and Sonos works. The HC3 hardware is better. Zigbee comes maybe the end of this year, but won’t give me  extra functionality. 

If you can buy a cheap HC2, that could be a consideration. But I would go for the HC3, the future. 

Maybe you could make a listing of the devices and functionality you would like to use. Most answers will be on this forum. 

So it's better than i thought :)
    However still:
    If had more time and cach to spend I would upgrade right now.

If there were some new interesting functionalities that I need, I would find cach and time...
    Now I can see no reason to force myself to upgrade. But if I was a new user: only HC3!

I could agree @pogo

The HC2 is a great platform and there are some limitations on the HC3 in comparison to the HC2. But however the HC3 has some nice new features. Maybe it is fun to try to list them?

I find the block scenes graphical interface more better. 
    The response is faster. 
    The user web interface is more better.

The quickapps (?)

any more?

Only Fibaro HC2. I have both. Fibaro HC3 is not yet suitable for automation, maybe in a year.

• Like 2

Godzinę temu, noran napisał:
     I have both. Fibaro HC3 is not yet suitable for automation, maybe in a year.

Can you write why?