Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Facing issue while resetting my iPhone with a forgotten passcode

anamaria67

Question

I tried to reset my iPhone using this

Please login or register to see this link.

as reported by the

Please login or register to see this link.

analysts. But when I see the option to Restore or Update, and after I choose Restore the finder is not downloading software for my iPhone. Why is that happening. I tried multiple times. How to fix this? Help me.

4 answers to this question

I don't think this is a question for the Fibaro forum, but let me see if I can help you.

What iPhone model do you have? And have you set it in recovery mode?

First of all, why do you need to restore the unit?

You use a Mac with the latest update? In the past iTunes was used for restoring an iPhone but with the newest OS it uses the Finder. 

In the Finder you can't see if any software for the iPhone is downloading, sometimes it can take a long time and you need to be patience (I know that is hard ?). You can open activity monitor on your Mac and see in the Network tab if there is network activity. In the right lower corner you see if data is being received.

My advise is. Connect your iPhone to your Mac, set the iPhone in recovery mode, when Finder prompt up the Finder window choose restore and agree with the terms. Then let your iPhone be connected for at least 30 minuten. Also go to system preferences > energy to disable that the Mac, harddrive and network activity can go to sleep.