Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heatit Z-Trm3

Guest JeanOchmann

Question

Guest JeanOchmann

Hello,

Ive got the new device from Heat IT and included it in my fibaro system but currenty the Template is Missing and I am Missing the Switch of It to link the device to Control it with the heating Panel. In the Last Version z-trm-2 it worked pretty Well.

Can someone Help me?

9 answers to this question

TRM3 does NOT have any switch, so you will be not able to see any. Yes, there is not template, but TRM3 seems to work without template as well. Onle These endpoints ar eimportant, other can be hidden (but let others to be in same room).

xxx.0 -> Thermostate (set any temp here)

xxx.1.1 -> for consumption measure

xxx.2.1 -> int temp sensor

xxx.3.1 -> ext temp sensor

xxx.4.1 -> floor temp sensor

Edited by tinman
  • Like 1

Guest JeanOchmann
  • Inquirer
  • @tinmanBut how can I control it with the heating Panel?

Edited by JeanOchmann

Hi 

I have a problem with my Fibaro HC2 4.590 and the Heatit Z-TRM3.

If my room is at 24°C,  i change the thermostate physically from 21 to 28 on it then I hear that it open the relay and then my heating goes hot...

If I do the opposite from 28 to 21 it close and then my heating goes cold.

But If I change the value in the Fibaro app, or from the PC then I can see that the thermostate change from 21 to  28 so it work, BUT this doesn't open the relay... So my heating stay cold

Sometimes after some minutes/hours it open alone..

Is there an association or a special parameter that we must change for that it work correctly ?

I have only connect it but change nothing else...

I have 4 heatit Z-TRM3 and all 3 have the same problem.

Regards 

On 5/31/2020 at 5:53 PM, tinman said:

xxx.0 -> Thermostat (set any temp here)

xxx.1.1 -> for consumption measure

xxx.2.1 -> int temp sensor

xxx.3.1 -> ext temp sensor

xxx.4.1 -> floor temp sensor

Why do you use xxx.0 as the thermostat control, and not xxx.1? They seem identical to me.

I notice that you use xxx.1.1 for the voltage/consumption, not xxx.0.1. This seems to be a similar case, but you conclude differently.

An observation linked to my comment above to @tinman:

I notice that if I change the set point using xxx.1, the wall device responds correctly but the set point in xxx.0 is not updated. If, conversely, I change the set point in xxx.0, both the wall device and xxx.1 are synchronized. The power consumption, however, is shown only on xxx.1, although I have checked the "show energy consumption" box on both xxx.0 and .1. 

I have checked the mulitchannel (M) association to the HC2 on EP 0, groups 1 through 5, using the root device xxx. Is there anything I need to do with associations on the individual sub-devices?

as i tested, x.0 was working properly and x.1 not

On 6/18/2020 at 8:57 PM, Litch1984 said:

I have a problem with my Fibaro HC2 4.590 and the Heatit Z-TRM3.

If my room is at 24°C,  i change the thermostate physically from 21 to 28 on it then I hear that it open the relay and then my heating goes hot...

If I do the opposite from 28 to 21 it close and then my heating goes cold.

But If I change the value in the Fibaro app, or from the PC then I can see that the thermostate change from 21 to  28 so it work, BUT this doesn't open the relay... So my heating stay cold

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem on HC2 4.620 with Heatit Z-TRM3.

Edited by marie

@marie As you will see from previous posts, there are (at least) two things to consider:

- Do you use slave device number x.0 or x.1 to set the temperature? It seems x.0 is preferable, although they look about the same. 

- Have you checked that the mulitchannel (M) association to the HC2 is set on EP 0, groups 1 through 5?

If neither of these helps, I don't know what the problem could be. The Z-Trm3 works fine with me now.

@knuth, thanks for replying. Yes, I checked all these and tried different combinations - no results.

In the end, it turned out this is a known bug with Z-TRM3 firmware 4.0 (on Fibaro HC2). Apparently, Heatit are aware of this but haven't communicated it very well to their resellers. I contacted both my reseller and Heatit directly and they instructed the reseller to exchange device with firmware 4.0 to one with 4.2 (it cannot be updated OTA).

Lots of time and nerves lost, but the new one works flawlessly on HC2 4.620 with default template. The multichannel association seems to be in place by default and the "unnecessary" devices are hidden. HC2 heating panel also works.