Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Wall Plugs going dead

Ettrig

Question

Hello!

I know this has already been posted in another thread, and been there for three years, but since there see to be no official response or solutions available, I am posting another thread.

I have ~ 10 Fibaro Wall Plugs at home, connected to a Home Center 3. Regularly these wall plugs just seem to go dead.

(Basically they stop responding to any commands.)

I just have one that has done this, and I am testing to disconnect and reconnect it. The ring glows green for a sec and then goes white (on), so it seems it's still connected to Home Center (?)
That said, sending commands to it just doesn't work. It's not being reported as disconnected in Home Center?

See movie attached how one is currently "dead"

(Device 314 is the dead plug, while showing how 318 still works fine)

Also, I tried a soft reconfiguration on the plug, which seems to work.. (See image showing part of trace log)

the device does still not respond after reconfiguration..

It's worth mentioning I have had similar problems with Telldus-plugs. I decided to buy Fibaro ones to hopefully solve the issue (even though they are 2x as expensive), but I get similar problems with these ones.. it's very disappointing.. 

It's worth mentioning I have ~30 other ZWave Devices working in my home. Only these plugs keep stopping to work.. I don't understand what is the problem?

If I completely reset the plug and remove it and re-connect it to Home Center I am rather sure it will instantly work (for a while).. I'll wait doing that til I have had some response here..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

One of my Fibaro plugs had its internal antennae broken. It worked, but would disconnect also. Maybe this is your problem?

I have soldered a wire instead of this antenna and it worked flawlessly after that. 

Not very easy to do due to lack of space inside, but it can be done. 

• Inquirer
  • JanRemco do you have any image taken of how that looked? I could possibly try look at it, but I am not super keen to break the plugs open..

Seems like a manufactoring fault then, cause I have not been reckless with these devices in any way, and Fibaro should do something about it / offer replacements..