Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Features postponed after 2020

jwi

Question

On Friday I ordered an HC3. More out of curiosity. Yesterday I read that

Fibaro postponed some features until 2021.
It is about this:
▪ ZigBee devices support
▪ Bluetooth Low Energy devices support
▪ Energy management panel
▪ Temperature charts panel
▪ Energy consumption charts panel
▪ Gateway connection with Home Center 2 / Lite

Since I have known Fibaro for years, I am not surprised, but if I had known that on Friday, I would not have ordered it.

13 hours ago, A.Socha said:

ad 1) no, that can be everyone who will check in option encrypt on import QA

ad 2) still under discusion - right now more like android

Super...

To be precise.
1) if I import some QA to the marketplace, can I check some checkbox for QA encryption?
Scenarios 1-3 are now valid and when importing QA is it possible to choose which will be valid?

I have other questions: Does Fibaro control the QA during import and decide on display in the marketplace?
When it will be possible to officially assign an icon for QA (I do not mean uploading an icon under a scene or device and then "picking it up" to QA).

eM.

@Martin_N we will add that option in marketplace

User /installer who importing QA from files will have option to chose "ecrypted or not"

On 6/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, A.Socha said:

energy as it in HC2 is something what I;m not happy to have i want add device like energy meters, photovoltaics and having that with some other changing show on graphs

@A.Socha, do I understand from this phrase that you are NOT planning to bring back the same graphs for energy and temperature as in HC2. If that is the case I will sell my HC3 tomorrow.

5 hours ago, wienog said:

@A.Socha, do I understand from this phrase that you are NOT planning to bring back the same graphs for energy and temperature as in HC2. If that is the case I will sell my HC3 tomorrow.

Can you click on you temperature device and switch to tab advanced?
is it bad than HC2?! ORLY?!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by 10der

33 minutes ago, 10der said:

Can you click on you temperature device and switch to tab advanced?
is it bad than HC2?! ORLY?!

There is a graph for temperature yes but, for me, it's not very useful and certainly not the same as HC2.

@10der

@A.Socha

What is missing ?

1) As you suggested already: hourly graphs and LIVE-graphs for energy to see what happens when you switch on a certain device.

2) There are no graphs for energy consumption

3) It is not possible to juxtapose different devices to compare them (like in: what does the inside temperature do when the outside temperature drops several degrees)

4) Especially for energy (obviously because there is no chart at all) there is no pie-graph that shows the relative percentage of consumption of different appliances as in HC2

Prove me wrong on these points and i send you a bottle of champagne.

All the 'automation' I want to do in my house I can do with Homeseer and often a lot easier than on the HC2 and certainly HC3. 

I switched to HC2 many years ago because of the fully integrated interface and, indeed, the temp and energy graphs which are the most used pages in my HC2-GUI.

Really, I have played with I think almost 90 % of al domotic-systems and finally stayed with Fibaro The graphs were an important part of that decision. Yes, you can get these graphs in other systems too but with much more hassle than in HC2

Bottomline, when I look at the new GUI, the new Lua, the Quickapps and more, I definitely get the impression that Fibaro, without saying so, intended the HC3 to be a business to business device, programmed and installed by a 'certified' installer and with the user left with a IOS or Android App to push a few buttons and call the installer if he wants something changed.
There is nothing wrong with that, and it is completely in line with the NICE-take over of Fibaro. Nice products are also installer-devices.

But let Fibaro then just say so like in "Hey guys, this is our nice (!) new machine. Here is a flyer with the details what it can do for you and the rubberstamp of the nearest installer on the back."

I'm not anti-Fibaro, far from it but I'm not an installer, it's not my profession and when I need to learn a new Lua, an other new language for the Quickapps, and still don't get what i really want, then I'm gone.

Edited by wienog
  • Like 2

TBH I do not want what Fibaro make from HC3 “Wunderwaffen“ I do not what what HC3 will be «vertical take-off harvester» 

for graphics / pie chart etc you can use Grafana for example 

HC3 first of all it’s controller.

1 minute ago, 10der said:

TBH I do not want what Fibaro make from HC3 “Wunderwaffen“ I do not what what HC3 will be «vertical take-off harvester» 

for graphics / pie chart etc you can use Grafana for example 

Yes, of course, there are tons of apps that let you make the most fantastic graphs in the world. But you need to export/import etc. And when I have to do that I can better go back to Homeseer.

• Like 1

Idk what homesir is and why I should do import / export... but my Grafana and Infukx now strode data for all devices with temp / hum plus wind and rain ... from 2015y... when HC2 start to lingering in my house and now HC3 

If you do not know “how” please ask

and do not say what Fibaro not implement feature xxxx and my HC3 is suxxx.

IMHO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 10der said:

If you do not know “how” please ask

and do not say what Fibaro not implement feature xxxx and my HC3 is suxxx.

@10der

1) I DO know how to do it with external programs.

2) I never said that my HC3 'sucks' but I hhad hoped that -contrary to the HC2- now everything would work out of the box. That is not the case.

I buy an iPhone because I do  not want all the trouble and settings of Android. I hoped that HC3 , after the lessons learned from the HC2, would be the 'iPhone' of domotics. It is not.

That's all. Don't get angry. No need for that.

P.S.: Homeseer is certainly the oldest domotics software on this planet and untill 2015, the best sold domoticsapplication in the world.

• Like 1

Apple and Fibaro... something wrong here ;) but ok.

... if you like apple so maybe you should buy applie HomeKit ....

2 hours ago, 10der said:

Apple and Fibaro... something wrong here ;) but ok.

... if you like apple so maybe you should buy applie HomeKit ....

10der

Your profile says you are an 'expert'. Well THAT is exactly the problem: you MUST be an expert to get everything out of this box.

And now I stop because, I must agree with some other users who say that it is not really possible to criticise Fibaro on this forum.

You will be considered an annoying member, stupid  and whining.

• Like 2

@everybody

Wrong expectations lead to disappointments

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Bodyart said:

@everybody

Wrong expectations lead to disappointments

@Bodyart,

Come on Bodyart, you know very well that these expectations are not wrong. The expectation to have a controller working out of the box is not wrong. One look at Fibaro's website shows you they promise you heaven.

As I said to @A.Socha: Fibaro changed it's strategy and doesn't  target the end-user anymore (too much hassle, too much complaints, too much whining). They are repositioning Fibaro-controllers as a device installed in your home by professionals, just like you would ask a professional to install a heating system or a pool. That way they don't have to bother about these annoying end-users which will complain to the installers now.

You said in a previous post that you succeeded in making some Quickapps. Well, on my HC2, 90 % of scenes were LUA but after trying to read and understand  the help and 'tutorials' about these Quickapps, I don't understand anything about it. Call me stupid if you want, doesn't bother me. I'm sure I'm not the only 'stupid' guy who bought this box.

• Like 3

@wienog,

totally not interested to debate with you! My statement was general. Feel free to feel unhappy as much as you like; i will sleep well every night.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

@wienog,

totally not interested to debate with you! My statement was general. Feel free to feel unhappy as much as you like; i will sleep well every night.

Thank you @Bodyart for so clearly confirming my earlier statement that any criticism of Fibaro is impossible on this forum.

And I sleep well most of my nights also, don't worry.

• Like 2

@wienog dear. I am knows some rules... Don't cast pearls before swine. but please. understand me correctly.

1) rank Expert != installer

2) i am just general HC user 

3) I am hate Fibaro developers :)

4) I too much sarcastic and some fibaro moderators hates me :) 

5) you can't see another side of the moon of my profle 

image.png.04a0fc9520763ee21341befc416c6d84.png

and last you have to turn the place upside down. IMHО here. and i want (as said before my friend @Bodyart) to well sleeping every night.

ciao for now

Edited by 10der
  • Like 1

You guys are too funny!

@A.Socha I think I am representing a simple type of user... please can you put these things in your HC3 product backlog, listed here in random order: 

1) It should be possible to have non-trigger scene conditions like “if it’s more than 15 minutes after sunset” using a block scene, without LUA

2) Lots of people have the Aeotec LED light strip... big please, could you add support for the colours?

3) The history should show the triggering of a scene

4) Some better information on energy and temperature would indeed be nice (see how I take a risk with the friendly community, even mentioning it!)

5) Updating the app to make it native to an iPad screen size and resolution would be a simple but good interim step without having to build a whole new UI for iPad

6) Nobody mentions Arlo camera integration... would be nice...

7) The HC3 seems not able to send a “please change your state” association.  Only “please turn on” or “please turn off”. This means when you use two FGS223 switches to control one light (like a staircase), the switches easily get out of sync requiring sometimes two clicks to do anything... my mum says this is very confusing.  Actually it might be a limitation of the FGS223 not he HC3  
8 ) The list of devices is so random, sometimes it’s alphabetical, sometimes by device ID, sometimes grouped by room, sometimes including hidden devices.  Please implement a standard!

9) Could we have interactive notifications please, like on the HCL/HC2?

10) Sunrise and sunset seem to reset at a strange hour... when is it, exactly? To be correct, “after sunset” should be true until sunrise and then false until the next sunset.  But that’s not how it works, I think.

Just some after sunset thoughts from me. 

thanks for reading!

Edited by Greenhippo
  • Like 1

I'm thinking that I represent simple user and geek in this same time :) I can post my backlog but please don't ask me about dates, additionally, it is not meant that we will all do this year sometimes there are more important elements that were not planned, that move the backlog. This is a high-level list, so you won't see many improvements on it, but it doesn't mean that they won't happen, because when there was enough space we take them to the sprint

11 godzin temu, Greenhippo napisał:

You guys are too funny!

@A.Socha I think I am representing a simple type of user... please can you put these things in your HC3 product backlog, listed here in random order: 

1) It should be possible to have non-trigger scene conditions like “if it’s more than 15 minutes after sunset” using a block scene, without LUA

Can you write example? because something other will need be a trigger then

2) Lots of people have the Aeotec LED light strip... big please, could you add support for the colours?

you shoud have generic view for device where you can chose color can you show printscreens?

3) The history should show the triggering of a scene

Done - you will get that soon

4) Some better information on energy and temperature would indeed be nice (see how I take a risk with the friendly community, even mentioning it!)

and what you mean by better information? for temperature sensor you got graph and in next version we will give controls for graph for better view

5) Updating the app to make it native to an iPad screen size and resolution would be a simple but good interim step without having to build a whole new UI for iPad

From David i got info that is in progress

6) Nobody mentions Arlo camera integration... would be nice...

You can create integration and share it with others, right now we dont plan as Fibaro to create it

7) The HC3 seems not able to send a “please change your state” association.  Only “please turn on” or “please turn off”. This means when you use two FGS223 switches to control one light (like a staircase), the switches easily get out of sync requiring sometimes two clicks to do anything... my mum says this is very confusing.  Actually it might be a limitation of the FGS223 not he HC3  

Associations on device works only by physical key of device and never worked with any gateways, it is solution from Z-wave, so we can do that but you can find solution with will prevent out of sync
8 ) The list of devices is so random, sometimes it’s alphabetical, sometimes by device ID, sometimes grouped by room, sometimes including hidden devices.  Please implement a standard!

will look on that

9) Could we have interactive notifications please, like on the HCL/HC2?

nope, you will get them better :P in block and lua but also now you will can sent them not only for Admin but to other user too

10) Sunrise and sunset seem to reset at a strange hour... when is it, exactly? To be correct, “after sunset” should be true until sunrise and then false until the next sunset.  But that’s not how it works, I think.
Sunset and Sunrise are counting from HC3 location and when you chose before or after you always need add time how much before and how much after

obraz.png.efb7ef6b4b73e3e54c2848184cb2df64.png

Just some after sunset thoughts from me. 

thanks for reading!

• Better support for Nice devices
  • Gateway connection Hc3 with Hc3
  • New history panel
  • Dashobrod climat for non admin Users
  • Dashbord scenes for non Admin Users
  • Dashbord Alarm for non Admin users
  • Custom actions from quickapps in scenes
  • Support multifiles in quick apps
  • hinting in quickapps
  • child in quick apps  - view, layouts
  • encription in quickapps - copy protection
  • integration with marketplace.fibaro.com to easier find and install quickapps from market
  • photovoltaics support (devices, panel etc)
  • energy (devices, panel, etc)
  • predefined scene
  • technical notification about problems with devices
  • new functions from newer SDK z-wave
  • more functions like UDP etc
  • New support for voice assistants  (new type support)
  • Support of new markets

Thanks for the detailed reply, @A.Socha.  

Maybe I should create individual threads for some of these points but, for now, I'll continue with them all in one nice place:

1) Sunrise & Sunset: Use any other trigger you like.  The first problem is that the "Sunrise & Sunset" scene block can ONLY be used as a trigger, it's not possible to use it just as a condition, with a different trigger.  The second problem is that there is no way to say "if it is more than 1 hour after sunset", you can only say "if it is exactly 1 hour after sunset", that's not very useful.  So the backlog request is that this block can be used as condition AND/OR as trigger, also with the "<=" and ">=" operators available (without using LUA).

2) Aeotec LED strip: the colour controls do indeed appear in the generic view, but they do not have any effect on the LED strip.  The only working functionality is to dim the cool white light using the brightness control.  I contacted Aeotec support and they said that the Fibaro incompatibility is caused because "it is not possible to disable warm white and cool white, which is needed to be done for RGB to show up.  The RGB colors are not accessible with Fibaro Interface until further control aspects have been added to adjust warm white and cool white intensity levels".  I hope this should be a simple update for your developers and it will make some of your customers who have this device quite happy.  If you have no capacity left in your sprint, maybe ask @10der to do it, with his offered programming skills :) 

4) Energy & Temperature info: Yes, thanks for the graph, it's good if you are an admin.  As a first improvement, I would like to see the daily maximum and daily minimum temperatures, shown in the app for each device.  Reset at midnight (HC3 time).  Same for energy info, max & min of that day, plus total (kWh or Wh) used . That should be quite easy, without complex graphics, right?

10) Sunrise & Sunset (again :)) : Sure, but you didn't answer my question.  Let me try to ask in a better way, with an example.  At what time does the HC3 stop thinking of yesterday's sunset and start thinking of today's sunset?  For example: if sunset took place as 21h and the time now is 23h, it is two hours after sunset, I'm sure we agree.  But if the time is 04h, is it now seven hours after sunset or nineteen hours before sunset?  Then, when the time is 10h, is it now thirteen hours after sunset or is it nine hours before sunset?  There is a moment when the calculation will cutover from yesterday to today, and the moment seems to be at 0900 CET, which is wrong and not intuitive...  Correct behaviour will be to cutover from yesterday sunset to today sunset, at today sunRISE.  What do you think?

Hey thanks again for your time and for considering these discussion... while you like to talk more about QA and integration and SDKs, some users are still enjoying the drag & drop of the block scenes.  By now I have 70 scenes and 70 devices.  I think my house is more visible to hackers in Poland than even in China :) :)  

Take care.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, Greenhippo said:

1) Sunrise & Sunset: Use any other trigger you like.  The first problem is that the "Sunrise & Sunset" scene block can ONLY be used as a trigger, it's not possible to use it just as a condition, with a different trigger.  The second problem is that there is no way to say "if it is more than 1 hour after sunset", you can only say "if it is exactly 1 hour after sunset", that's not very useful.  So the backlog request is that this block can be used as condition AND/OR as trigger, also with the "<=" and ">=" operators available (without using LUA

HI, this can be solved bij switching a variable to "after sunset" or "after sunrise" and basing your scene on the current value of the variable. You can still decide then when this variable is changed again, depending on the purpose of the scene you use it in.