Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Features postponed after 2020

jwi

Question

On Friday I ordered an HC3. More out of curiosity. Yesterday I read that

Fibaro postponed some features until 2021.
It is about this:
▪ ZigBee devices support
▪ Bluetooth Low Energy devices support
▪ Energy management panel
▪ Temperature charts panel
▪ Energy consumption charts panel
▪ Gateway connection with Home Center 2 / Lite

Since I have known Fibaro for years, I am not surprised, but if I had known that on Friday, I would not have ordered it.

@A.Socha

I just read in this thread that gateway between 2 hc3's wont work?

if it doens't work is there a estimated time frame that it will work? weeks? months?

@A.Socha

Love my HC3, it's a good unit.

It would be nice for us your loyal users, to be able to vote on what we want/need, and then the priorities would be aligned with the users ?

Similar to a long time ago in the old forum for HC2, I ran a QA and Wish poll unofficially, but know that it got some traction.

This would give everyone a clear indication of the focus within obvious caveats .. and allow you to define rough timelines for each of the priorities.

There is no point in you tipping resources into an area that few people really need, before something that everyone wants

Just a thought.

Cheers,

al.

@alandee Thank you for the suggestion. We promised some function so in this year we will try to make them but in next year we can make some poll what user wants and if that will be ok from law and politic we will made it

19 hours ago, A.Socha said:

@alandee Thank you for the suggestion. We promised some function so in this year we will try to make them but in next year we can make some poll what user wants and if that will be ok from law and politic we will made it

Thanks, I'm sure we all look forward to it !

Cheers,

al.

Hi, is there some progress in the Charts for the Room temperature available in HC3 Home Center?

Currently in the Climate section I can see Temperature tab and Charts tab. Charts tab is disabled for click. It would be great to see the temperature development in the rooms - same as visible on the Device Settings / Advanced tab.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:06 PM, A.Socha said:

I am responsible for this product at Fibaro, I am sorry that you are disappointed, unfortunately, due to the current conditions, we are not able to provide all the functionality this year. I was behind that newsletter for partners because it better know than wait for something we won't work on in the near future. Which of these functionalities was/is most important to you?

What are the zigbee status today?? 30.03.2021

@Vidarg

The last time (january 2021) I asked Fibaro the answer was

Due to the higher priority of improving communication with Nice radios, the implementation of Zigbee has been postponed. It's not likely to be available any time soon, I'm very sorry.

They also removed Zigbee from the manual page.

Please login or register to see this link.

So to answer your question, I think it will take years or even a HC4 before Fibaro supports Zigbee.

Well i don't need zigbee with hc3, so for me it's not a problem.

But i think there a people that bought hc3 because of the zigbee support.

And it would be a nice gesture if fibaro will give a refund for the hc3 owners, even it's a decent discount on there devices.

Why does no one mention the promised support for 433 MHz which is still missing.

Yes, Fibaro says that the support is available, but it only applies to their own products from NICE.

In my case, I want support for Oregon weather stations as well as temperature and humidity sensors.

There are lots of good products on the market for 433 MHz that NICE and Fibaro are now jointly blocking ?

Which serious companies first promise Gold and Green Forests, but then try to hide that they ever mentioned this support.
If Fibaro and NICE do not keep their promise, then what is left of their "Game changer"?

We users should direct our anger at both Fibaro and NICE!

@A.Socha and others:

Due to the higher priority of improving communication with Nice radios, the implementation of Zigbee has been postponed. It's not likely to be available any time soon, I'm very sorry.

They also removed Zigbee from the manual page.

@A.Socha, this is YOUR product as you so proudly wrote months ago. One question: are you still proud of your product ?
This is pure scandalous behavior of you and your company. How many people bought this box because of the advertised features ? It were all lies.

This is pure deceit.

Again Mr. Socha: can you look in the mirror without deep shame ?

• Like 2

Do not forget that NICE can also be blamed for the missing protocols!

Shame on you Fibaro and NICE!

50 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

Do not forget that NICE can also be blamed for the missing protocols!

Shame on you Fibaro and NICE!

you can blame nice, they are the boss, not fibaro

19 hours ago, akatar said:

you can blame nice, they are the boss, not fibaro

Come on @akatar, does it really matter who is to blame. This is a pure scandal and we should get a full refund. Do this in the US and you will find yourself in court faster than you can say 'Stop'

You can blame socha, he is doing what him is told (he is a good employee and will do what him is told) , you can blame fibaro but they have to listenen to nice. 
And i agree in usa a class action would be succesfull

Hi evryone...

im totally newbie on the homecenter 3 and bought it because i was told it would som support zigbee also.

- as i read from this thread, that is not happening or at least not soon... I have just started my smartphone setup and are now sondering if it makes more sense to drop Fibaro and og with Homey Pro. 
invested quite a sum of Monet in Fibaro homecenter3, Fibaro dimmers, sensors Etc.

But now I have to Pick how to proceed.. what do you People in here recommend as It seems like Fibaro dosen’t deliver as advertised ....

what would you do ?

- I have Manu zigbee devises i want in my smarthome setup..

best regards 

Rico, Denmark

@Rico_DK

I would say: drop Fibaro HC3 when you have a lot of Zigbee-devices. Zigbee will probably never be implemented on the HC3, nor Bluetooth or 433 MhZ (except for Nice).

Alternatives are indeed the Homey but that one has a problem with very poor range in Z-wave and Zigbee. Lots of people returned their homey Pro to the vendor because they just couldn't build a reliable Z-wave mesh network. I was one of them. I tried several weeks but without success. Even when the Z-wave devices were ideally spread to interact and communicate with each other, the network was unreliable because often several devices ended up being unreachable, even when they were very close to the Homey. So I gave up on that one and returned it.
Now I'm busy transferring my devices from Fibaro to Hubitat Elevation C7,  It has a HUGE z-wave and Zigbee range. Devices that needed a 'hop' with the HC3 are now all directly connected to the gateway. The user interface is not yet what it should be but everything WORKS and that is refreshing after HC3 and Homey.

• Like 1

24 minuty temu, Rico_DK napisał:

Hi evryone...

im totally newbie on the homecenter 3 and bought it because i was told it would som support zigbee also.

- as i read from this thread, that is not happening or at least not soon... I have just started my smartphone setup and are now sondering if it makes more sense to drop Fibaro and og with Homey Pro. 
invested quite a sum of Monet in Fibaro homecenter3, Fibaro dimmers, sensors Etc.

But now I have to Pick how to proceed.. what do you People in here recommend as It seems like Fibaro dosen’t deliver as advertised ....

what would you do ?

- I have Manu zigbee devises i want in my smarthome setup..

best regards 

Rico, Denmark

Hi can you say who said that it support zigbee now?

Gateway got zigbee radio, but We need to add zigbee engine 3.0, but it will be not faster than Q3/Q4 this year

4 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

Gateway got zigbee radio, but We need to add zigbee engine 3.0, but it will be not faster than Q3/Q4 this year

@A.Socha

Who cares who said that Zigbee was working NOW. It should have been working from day ONE. And telling us that it will work in Q3/Q4...who will believe you. A few days ago it was still "not anytime soon, sorry".

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A.Socha said:

No one Said it does support it now.  But your Own support, dealers and public information from Fibaro have Said it would be available on the device as of 2020.   And now it looks like i bought a product have promotede Way too much.  

11 hours ago, wienog said:

@Rico_DK

I would say: drop Fibaro HC3 when you have a lot of Zigbee-devices. Zigbee will probably never be implemented on the HC3, nor Bluetooth or 433 MhZ (except for Nice).

Alternatives are indeed the Homey but that one has a problem with very poor range in Z-wave and Zigbee. Lots of people returned their homey Pro to the vendor because they just couldn't build a reliable Z-wave mesh network. I was one of them. I tried several weeks but without success. Even when the Z-wave devices were ideally spread to interact and communicate with each other, the network was unreliable because often several devices ended up being unreachable, even when they were very close to the Homey. So I gave up on that one and returned it.
Now I'm busy transferring my devices from Fibaro to Hubitat Elevation C7,  It has a HUGE z-wave and Zigbee range. Devices that needed a 'hop' with the HC3 are now all directly connected to the gateway. The user interface is not yet what it should be but everything WORKS and that is refreshing after HC3 and Homey.

I must look at the hubitat you’re takling abort.  Don’t know it.  

thanks for the information..

* just sayin’ - i really feel fooled by Fibaro - it sounded very good, but as i learn more and more abort smarthome controllers. I now Can see i have just thrown my Money out the window.  

Edited by Rico_DK
  • Like 2