Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sensors Readings

christos

Please login or register to see this attachment.

should be this

• Topic Author
  • @SmartHomeEddy

Exactly

you want the resolution but you don't want it to be reported in Homecenter .....

better use time interval.....

Its a Pond ... its a pool .. not a nuclear power plant :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Well Everything seems to be working just great .... So far The Ph and ORP of the pools is Just right ...

Fibaro seems to be handling the whole Pool Parameters with no problems what so ever... Dosing Ph .... Turning On and Off my Salt Chlorinator and turning ON the pool Pump based on whater temperature ...  Lights on when it gets dark... 

Keeping a close eye to see if i get any glitches in the system

I just had one trouble for the second time with The RGBW module which just seems to get excluded from the system... I have to reset the module and include it again in order to operate properly...

I have no idea why it did that ...    but i'm sure it will be fixed in a future firmware update...

Edited by christos
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Anyone interested in Using the Pool Manager VD ... I attach The file..

It is not mine .. i have found it in the French Fibaro Forum ..

This VD calculates the Cycle of the Filtration Based on the Pool Water Temperature ...

You can Adjust the curve based on your personal needs

Just make sure you add your ID of the Pump and Temp sensor to the values of your system.

Also make sure you add the GAPsetup in Variables panel...

One bug i found is that if you change anything ... like the ID of the Pump ... i have to delete the GAPsetup and recreate it again .....

• 3 weeks later...

@christos Hi, pool is closed for winter here. Time to think about pool monitoring for me.
    Do you know that the PH probe can be split into 2 outputs?
    I'm talking about the setup you recommended. 

Please login or register to see this link.

But I already have an installed PH injector and probe. But I can only monitor it locally on the screen. I want to monitor the PH value via Fibaro.
    So I want to split the ph probe bnc through a splitter to the module in your recommendation but also to my Zelia PH injector.
    Do you think the signal allow that? Otherwise I need to install another probe and I don't have much spare room on my pipes left.

• Topic Author
  • Hello @wpeeters

I don't know if you can split the signal ... but i think if you do it would cause troubles.... i wouldn't recommend it ..... 

Be aware that the PH probe of the Aliexpress is VERY BIG ... it will not fit inside the Zelia POD....

So far the system is working Without any issues ..... even though i have the control of the salt chlorinator with  some basic block scenes....

here we still have high temps....   38-39 degrees.... so we still using the pool...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Good work Christos!

I have been looking for a z-wave integration to control Pool/Spa chemicals and this is perfect.

Just need to figure out how setup this in a Spa since i probably need to connect the probe holders underneat the spa on a specific hose..

BR

• 5 weeks later...

All,

I want to report back about my status:
    - pressure : Amazon order received but pressure meter does not fit :-(. Need to find a solution for this. I don't know if a bend is allowed to screw in the filter?
    - PH : Also the wrong Sodial output sensor module is arrived (4-20 MA instead of 0-10V). I need to re-order.

- Low water level and High water level : See pictures below.
      - Using : non contact water sensor : 

- as mentioned by @10der, I use Shelly Uni : 

to read out the ADC value.
        Shelly uni is a brand new device and working very well (http and MQTT compatible).

Still need to connect to my skimmer in my pool but pool is closed now for winter period.

- Also connected to one of the Shelly, is the temperature sensor. To 1 Shelly Uni you can connect 1 water level sensor as well as temperature sensor (DS18B20WTP).

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

@wpeeters cool! nice work!

and finally

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_11/image.png.e5a5345339e9a885f59f5892907ac02f.png" />

• 3 weeks later...
    On 11/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, wpeeters said:

All,

I want to report back about my status:
    - pressure : Amazon order received but pressure meter does not fit :-(. Need to find a solution for this. I don't know if a bend is allowed to screw in the filter?
    - PH : Also the wrong Sodial output sensor module is arrived (4-20 MA instead of 0-10V). I need to re-order.

- Low water level and High water level : See pictures below.
      - Using : non contact water sensor : 

- as mentioned by @10der, I use Shelly Uni : 

to read out the ADC value.
        Shelly uni is a brand new device and working very well (http and MQTT compatible).

Still need to connect to my skimmer in my pool but pool is closed now for winter period.

- Also connected to one of the Shelly, is the temperature sensor. To 1 Shelly Uni you can connect 1 water level sensor as well as temperature sensor (DS18B20WTP).

Hi, 

How do you plan to put it in the skimmer? Is this waterproof?

Thanks. 

Hi @maor

Sensor and modules are not waterproof.
    The modules, you can easily install in waterproof cabinet (IP65 or IP66).

It's winter now, currently there is plastic bag around my skimmer. By spring, I need to find solution, but a plastic box around it sealed with silicone should do it.

Hi, 

Nice...unfortunately I don't have an access to the outer part of the skimmers (it is a concrete pool). 

I'll have to figure out a different way to do it.

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finale, 0-10v module for ph readings arrived. Currently in test setup.
    Thanks to @christos and @SmartHomeEddy, I could connect and read ph and temp values very quickly. See screenshot.
    I have however one question with regards to the temperature compensation. How is that working?
    Is the Ph converting module managing the temperature compensation? Or is it the idea that you calculate the temperature compensation Ph value with the temperature readings yourselves?

I would expect the Ph module manages it. But you could test it, by putting the temp sensor from one bottle to another with a different temperature. I would expect the Ph value to change a bit. 

@SmartHomeEddy, ok thanks. I'll test it. However, it's difficult isn't it? Being sure you have the exact same water in 2 different bottles with different temperature.
    I can also wait till spring when pool is connected again. So I can compare with the PH value on the PH injector module.

BTW, I'll try to split one Ph sensor output to 2 different modules anyway (remember?). I was reading a lot about it and think it must be possible. I'll do it with cheap sensor first. With 2 different Ph conversion modules. I have 1 spare converter (5-20 mA wrong delivery). If I split the Ph output to this one and the Ph value of the first module is not changing, I assume it is working.
    But first waiting for BNC cable male to male to test it.

6 minutes ago, wpeeters said:

However, it's difficult isn't it? Being sure you have the exact same water in 2 different bottles with different temperature.

I meant to move only the temperature sensor from a cold water to a warm water bottle. Leave the pH sensor in the bottle. 

From the sensor manual:

The BPHT type pH value and temperature transmitter adopts a dual high resistance three electrode system, which has the characteristics of on-line one key calibration, real-time temperature compensation, electrode breaking alarm, correcting the good and bad alarm of the punctual electrode, power off protection (which can make the calibration results and the preset data not lost because of shutdown or blackout), overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, high measurement precision, quick response and long service life.

Sounds like the module manages the temperature compensation

Found this table somewhere

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

29 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

I meant to move only the temperature sensor from a cold water to a warm water bottle. Leave the pH sensor in the bottle. 

Smart guy you're :-)

Thanks for info. Seems indeed that module is doing that. My problem is that my temperature is monitored with probe in the pool. I don't have spare place to have temperature probe added nearby equipment. With the table I can do the compensation myself. Just wondering if it is important. If you calibrate the probe at 20 degrees, in normal swimming weather pool temperature, you only have deviation of 0,02 Ph. So that is not of any importance for me. My equipment is doing the Ph - / Ph + injection. My only goal is too have an alert if Ph becomes too low or too high.
    Thanks again for the information.

8 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

I would expect the Ph module manages it. But you could test it, by putting the temp sensor from one bottle to another with a different temperature. I would expect the Ph value to change a bit. 

There is indeed some change in Ph when water temperature is increasing and decreasing.  See picture. I can't evaluate yet if behavior is correct.
    Green is Ph (left Y axis). Yellow is temp (righ y axis).

Great test ?? There is no more proof possible. 

I don’t think you will get a temperature difference of 20 degrees in your swimming pool. And still with that difference, just a small ph difference. With a higher ph value, the difference will be higher, but you probably won’t have that high ph value in your swimming pool.