Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wake up interval thermostat

Gert_Molkens

Question

Hi,

I have a thermostat connected to a Fibaro Home Center 2

It will not allow me to set a smaller Wake Up Interval then 3600s. The result is that temperature is only read and transmitted once every hour which leads to a large dead time before the HVAC system  is responding to the changed temperature

Is there a way to get around this or a better way to get the changes in temperature to the HVAC system fasten, say every 5-10 minutes?

Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, 10der said:

is your HVAC on a batt power?

Wake interval is only important to transfer parameter settings. That's why you have to wake up you're device.
Temperature setting/reading should not be affected by wake-up interval.
Or do I completely misunderstand the function of a HVAC?? And or wake-up interval.

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Wake interval is only important to transfer parameter settings.

Ah, it is very important for transfer of parameter settings, and assocations, and in some cases... temperature setpoint.

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Or do I completely misunderstand the function of a HVAC?? And or wake-up interval.

You cannot "misunderstand" it because AFAIK nobody ever explained this to you, so how would you know ;)

- Newer devices, like the FGT-001, they get a copy of the "heating panel" and so they can run that schedule without ever having to receive data from the controller. Also this devices is a FLiRS meaning it is battery operated, but it does not have that "wake up interval". The controller can send data and it takes 1 second to wake up (that process is called "beaming" but that is not important here). So you can go to the app, set  a temperature and the FGT gets it 1-2 seconds later and then (if the change is significant) about 10 seconds later you'll here the motor spin to adjust the valve.

- Older devices, like the Danfoss LC series, they are not FLiRS and have the regular "wake up rhythm". Although they might be able to receive a schedule like the FGT-001, I am not 100% sure about that, afaik it is not implement that way. So instead of that, the "pull" data from the controller at the wake up interval. So both temp changes through the app are scheduled by the heating panel are only processed each time a wake up interval passes.

As the OP says his valve does respond fast enough, his "Horstmann" is like the LC13 so only "pulls" data, and the wake seems to be set to "every hour", that explains the "dead time" he observes. 

I do not know why he is unable to set that number lower, I've set my LC13 between 300 and 900 seconds...

Edited by petergebruers
  • Thanks 1