Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 switch scene without light connection

Frankdewildt

Question

I have a Fibaro Dimmer 2 and a pulse switch that is not connected to any lamp/light. I connect the module to my system but when I add a scene and I press on the pulse switch nothing happens.

My idea is when I press the pulse switch all lights in my house will be out. Can someone tell me how I can solve this? Thanks!

Edited by Frankdewildt

3 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Frankdewildt said:

I have a Fibaro Dimmer 2 and a pulse switch that is not connected to any lamp/light.

That's your problem.

Answer is here...

• Inquirer
  • On 6/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, petergebruers said:

That's your problem.

Answer is here...

I have tried that solution. Dimmer 2 module has green light before I connect the bypass. When I connect the bypass there is no light at all at dimmer 2 module.

Is there a solution for this problem? 

4 minutes ago, Frankdewildt said:

have tried that solution. Dimmer 2 module has green light before I connect the bypass.

That solution is known to work.

Here are some ideas...

• Dimmer 2 needs "Bypass 2" = FGB-002 - Dimmer 2 is not compatible with "Bypass 1". Are you using a Bypass 1 or 2?
    • Check wiring, L goes to L, N to N, and bypass leg 1 goes to output of the dimmer symbol Q or ~ and leg 2 goes to N. See manual, page 8, "Wiring diagram no. 3 - connecting FGB-002"  3-wire connection (with bypass), except you do not have a lamp.
    • If you power off mains to that module and power on, light should be green, the module may take 20 seconds to calibrate before it becomes responsive. Set parameter "28. Scene activation functionality" to 1, by default it is 0 (off).