Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW Controller as 4x White Dimmer

FabianM

Question

Hi

I Have a RGBW Controller 2 with singel White LEDs on it. In the Fibaro Home Center 2 the device is shown as a LED RGBW Device but i need to have 4 single Devices for each White LED. On My RGBW Controller 1 (on witch i have my RGB LED Strip on) i can change it (see attached) , but i dont find the setting on the RGBW Controller 2.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_06/grafik.png.1b219c36c98bef102a6014f0aa5420e1.png" />

Where can i change my RGBW Controller 2 to "Output/Input"?

Earlier i could change it when i pair the RGBW Controller to Home Center but now there is not comming any message after successful pairing.

Thanks for Helping... And sorry for my bad Englisch.

9 answers to this question

I'm about to wire up a new house using Fibaro stuff and this question worries me - I have a quite a few RGBW controllers that I was planning to have controlling 4 x white LED strips in different locations.

Is that possible or do I need 4 x controllers, one for each LED strip?

• Inquirer
  • Well. I also have to say that my problem is Solved. I Was looking to the Wrong Subdevice. I now can Control with my LEDs with 4 single White LED strip.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, FabianM said:

Well. I also have to say that my problem is Solved. I Was looking to the Wrong Subdevice. I now can Control with my LEDs with 4 single White LED strip.

Hi !

Give us a Little more info About your Setup on rgbw module and the 4 White strips.

hello, i have the same problem on my home center 3 and rgbw 2, only one sub device have "input / output" mode but when i change to input output i still have no access to 20-23 parameters to change button operation mode to "Toggle switch: contact closed – ON, contact opened – OFF", my configuration parameters start from 30, this parameters are not shown and you have to change button type in web ui Advanced tab

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by miha89

Anyone knows if Tuya ZigBee RGBW controller is supported?

On 8/1/2020 at 12:02 PM, FabianM said:

Well. I also have to say that my problem is Solved. I Was looking to the Wrong Subdevice. I now can Control with my LEDs with 4 single White LED strip.

@FabianMAny details on your solution?

Ok, just for anyone struggling (as I was in the beginning). ( @xristos)
    I got it working and the setup is quite intuitive (except of subdevice part).
    Just connect white LED stripes as suggested in user guide:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_02/image.png.b61cceba8a93fa464f50fb58086fa017.png" />

Then you have to choose proper subdevice of this controller. So in Fibaro connected devices setup you need to find your RGBW controller, expand its configuration and on the right side open proper subdevice. For strip connected to OUT1 (with switch connected to IN1) you are looking for first subdevice in list called "Multilevel switch" etc.

image.png.fc9fc3e7e8fe29dd229ccd68158eeedb.png

You select this device and open its configuration (slick on it in that right device tree) and make it visible by UNchoecking "Device hidden" in its "Advanced" tab.
    image.png.b419e070f075084eff1b07653ceb95b3.png

Than you can hide unneeded "Color Controller" and "GRGBW 442 CC" devices the same way.

After that you should see in your smart home this device as Multilevel switch
    image.png.e71666e5aae0cb5773d003d9feeecc12.png

after longtap (or clicking on eye icon) you will have a possibility to switch and dim.

image.png.75c20c82f4aa64153eab09a929983bd9.png

Repeat for other stripes as needed.

M.

Edited by V.T.Marvin
    • Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:00 AM, V.T.Marvin said:

Ok, just for anyone struggling (as I was in the beginning). ( @xristos)
    I got it working and the setup is quite intuitive (except of subdevice part).
    Just connect white LED stripes as suggested in user guide:

Please login or register to see this link.

Then you have to choose proper subdevice of this controller. So in Fibaro connected devices setup you need to find your RGBW controller, expand its configuration and on the right side open proper subdevice. For strip connected to OUT1 (with switch connected to IN1) you are looking for first subdevice in list called "Multilevel switch" etc.

You select this device and open its configuration (slick on it in that right device tree) and make it visible by UNchoecking "Device hidden" in its "Advanced" tab.

Than you can hide unneeded "Color Controller" and "GRGBW 442 CC" devices the same way.

After that you should see in your smart home this device as Multilevel switch

after longtap (or clicking on eye icon) you will have a possibility to switch and dim.

Repeat for other stripes as needed.

M.

Thank you my friend !!!!