Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to update Shutter FGRM222 Version 22.22

Splinter

Question

5 answers to this question

I have almost the same issue with Fibaro RGBW - update progress fails on 50% or so. I was able to update these devices only after a full reconfiguration. "Soft reconfiguration" didn't work for me, but you can try it with your devices of course. IMO firmware update is possible when device is in initial state.

After full reconfiguration device ID will change. All device associations and parameters will be reset too, so they will need to be setup again. All scenes that use this device should get a new device ID instead of the old one.

Edited by kevgeniy

Hi @Splinter

I guess it has something to do with the  "zwave version" . You can find the version in the advanced tab.

I have a motion sensors on an different (lower) zwave version then the two others

Older motion sensor

Version 2.8                    ( general tab)
Z-Wave version  3.67  (advanced tab)

2 times newer motion sensor
Version 3.2                 ( general tab)
Z-Wave version  4.5  (advanced tab)

But still speculation.

@Splinter you can only update the 25.25 version to 26.26.  if the update does not show, soft reconfigure the devices and it will show.

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to update my Roller Shutter 2 from 25.25 to 26.26 with a HCL3 (FW: 5.110.15).

Like written in the post from 

Please login or register to see this link.

, the update stops at 50%. It doesn't make any difference if i do a hard configuration reset before or not.

What I also tried, was using a brand new Roller Shutter 2 after including it, update failed too.

Does anyone have an idea what to do to get the devices updated to 26.26 firmware?

Thanks

Hi @macabros,

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that modules must have a stable connection to the HC controller when upgrading.

I already had a problem updating one of my FGR-222 modules, and I have 8 of them and I updated them all one by one.

So I temporarily moved my HCL controller to the room where the problematic module is located and the update procedure was successful.

Edited by MrMcRush