Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion sensor, single switch associations

matthewbenseman

Question

Hi All,

Newbie here - keen to learn.

After heaps of playing around both with scenes and associations I am still having trouble achieving what should be a very basic task for the Fibaro system.

All I’m after is motion detected, light comes on for 1 minute, then switches off (unless further motion is detected within this 1minute window then timer restarts). I have this set up in my pantry with a magic scene, works well but can be delayed so I’m hoping for an associations set up to help speed up the process.

I have read many many forums and tried everything obvious to no avail. I managed to get the association to work for 1 minute and switch off....only for the light to immediately flick back on and the 1minute timer restart, this continued on a loop until I removed the association. What did I do wrong..??

thanks in advance for any help!!

5 answers to this question

I'm not really the best person to help here, but i have gone through similar struggles myself.

From my own learning with the use of associations is that there is very limited functionality available, a bit more with a Fibaro device but not much more. I have the Aeotec MS6 sensor and i can configure the blind periods to get the effect of the lights staying on for longer, these are configured within the parameters of the sensor.

There's another thread going where there is some useful information on scenes covering most of what you're looking for

Please login or register to see this link.

hope that helps a bit

Hello. What kind of motion sensor do you use? Different models have different parameters, so it is necessary to know the model to understand your problem. 

Sorry, I’m afraid I won’t be able to help. I have Aeotec and it has several parameters which determine how associated devices are controlled. Fibaro doesn’t have them. Just to check - parameter 12 value is 0 (BASIC ON and BASIC OFF command frames sent in Basic Command Class), right?