Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Manually switch dimmer with 1 cable (blackl

savage

Question

Hi,

I have a dimmer 2 and would like manually turn the lights on/off. I have a switching cable (black) to my dimmer module (next to N, L and earth).

Is there any possibility to use a manual switch to override control with these wires? Or do I need an additional cable as I see in many diagrams?

If its not possible with a single pushon the switch, then activating a scene (double push?) is also ok. I guess a pulse also needs 2 wires.

Edited by savage

3 answers to this question

If you have a Fibaro Dimmer 2, you certainly can control it using a switch (a pushbutton is best, as you can hold it down to adjust the brightness level).  In the 2-wire connection (a switch obviously uses two wires), you use one as a switch wire and one as a neutral wire.

See 

Please login or register to see this link.

for wiring diagrams.  If you aren't confident designing and doing the wiring, get in an electrician.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, Tim__ said:

If you have a Fibaro Dimmer 2, you certainly can control it using a switch (a pushbutton is best, as you can hold it down to adjust the brightness level).  In the 2-wire connection (a switch obviously uses two wires), you use one as a switch wire and one as a neutral wire.

See 

Please login or register to see this link.

for wiring diagrams.  If you aren't confident designing and doing the wiring, get in an electrician.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

I'm confident to do the installation, but there is something I'm missing...

I would like to achieve the use case that is presented below and used the diagram for a single switch. I set the parameter (21?) to toggle switch. When toggling the light goes on, but it is not possible to turn it off again with the switch.

Any idea what I am missing?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It should work. Check that your wiring is exactly as per the diagram.

Parameter 20 is the one to select switch type.

Try a recalibration by setting parameter 13.

I have a toggle switch with a dodgy mechanism.  Sometimes the switch changes state twice, ie I see on-off-on instead of on-off. If this was your problem then you'd see a very short off period. 

• Thanks 1