Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Opening garage door from apple watch widget

Sharkystuff

Question

Hi, 

I was wondering how to do what I thought would be an easy task, but I can't figure out how to do it. 

I have a relay switch, that acts as a pulse switch for a wired garagedoor opener. So when I turn on the relay switch from the Fibaro App a scene runs that connects those two leads for 1 sec and then disconnects then the door opens automatically. This works fine. But, I want to make this easier by clicking a widget on my iphone or apple watch, or better still giving Siri the command to turn on the switch, but that only works with a scene. But the scene only runs when I turn on the switch. So I'm a little lost in how to turn on the switch from within a scene. 

Does anyone have an answer on that?

Cheers!

7 answers to this question

couldn't you just make a scene which switches on the relay switch, waits half a sec and switches it off again?

fibaro:call(494, "turnOn")
fibaro:sleep(500)  -- check if 0,5 sec is enough
fibaro:call(494, "turnOff")

@Sharkystuff, if 1 seconds would be ok, then check parameters 10 - 14 for Out 1. For Out 2 parameters 15 - 18.  Those parameters, can set auto off on Switch outputs.

39 minutes ago, emielstroeve said:

That is correct too. Personally I prefer device settings, as it works in device and does not count in time in transition.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, emielstroeve said:

couldn't you just make a scene which switches on the relay switch, waits half a sec and switches it off again?

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

@Sharkystuff, if 1 seconds would be ok, then check parameters 10 - 14 for Out 1. For Out 2 parameters 15 - 18.  Those parameters, can set auto off on Switch outputs.

That is correct too. Personally I prefer device settings, as it works in device and does not count in time in transition.

Thanks for your answer, I hope this is going to lead somewhere, but I'm still in the graphic/wizard stage and not really into LUA.Is this the only way to accomplish that? In that case I'll have to find somekind of crash course.... 

@Sharkystuff, like i said, if 1 second or 0,1 second pulse is ok with you. Please, set it via device parameter. No Lua involved. 

Parameters are in Devices -> <device in mind> -> Advanced tab -> scroll down to parameters.

• Inquirer
  • 8 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

@Sharkystuff, like i said, if 1 second or 0,1 second pulse is ok with you. Please, set it via device parameter. No Lua involved. 

Parameters are in Devices -> <device in mind> -> Advanced tab -> scroll down to parameters.

That's cool, works like a charm! 

If I can get this switch to be operated by a widget on my phone I'm really happy. Any thoughts on that? 

1 hour ago, Sharkystuff said:

If I can get this switch to be operated by a widget on my phone I'm really happy. Any thoughts on that? 

Use old Fibaro app for device widget (Android) or manually triggered scene. Scenes works with both old (Fibaro app) and new (home center app) app.

I think only scenes can be adda as widget on iOS.