Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Geofencing with Home centre app and HC3

Seanemms21

Question

I have just recently purchased and configured the Fibaro HC3 controller to run my home. I was a little disappointed that after entering users and installing the new app (Ios) on the phones, I am not able to activate door locks, open garage door and arm/disarm the alarm using the geofence around my home. Can anyone confirm that this is not possible. Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

On 7/9/2020 at 11:32 AM, Seanemms21 said:

I have just recently purchased and configured the Fibaro HC3 controller to run my home. I was a little disappointed that after entering users and installing the new app (Ios) on the phones, I am not able to activate door locks, open garage door and arm/disarm the alarm using the geofence around my home. Can anyone confirm that this is not possible. Thanks in advance

look here...

It is my understanding as ID:2 is Admin "Superuser" this is always the location of the HC3 device and thus I created a "user" for myself and then logged in as me.

You can track this with as scene:

-- Debug ---
local sceneName = "Profle Change"
local homeLat = home[1].latitude
local homeLong = home[1].longitude
if debug then fibaro.debug(sceneName, "Home Lat:"..homeLat.."  Long:"..homeLong) end

-- User
local users = api.get('/users')
local find ="admin"
local userName, type, userLoc, userID
for k,v in ipairs(users) do
    if users[k].name ~= find then
        userLoc=k
        userName=users[k].name
        userType=users[k].type
        userID=users[k].id
        if debug then fibaro.debug(sceneName,"Table Location: ".. userLoc..", UserID: "..userID..", Rights: "..userType..", User Name: "..userName) end
        if debug then fibaro.debug(sceneName,userName.." location:"..fibaro.getValue(userID,'Location')) end
        if debug then fibaro.debug(sceneName,userName.."  previous :"..fibaro.getValue(userID,'PreviousLocation')) end
        if debug then fibaro.debug(sceneName,fibaro.get(userID,"atHome")) end
    end
end